Skip to content

Could go for a good scimitar *spoilers?*

So I decided to do a bit different thing from what I've ever done before, and make a character that dual-wields scimitars (but he's not an elf or ranger, so worry not). There don't seem to be an abundance of these things around the wilderness, though, especially compared to something like longswords which I'm basically swimming in. Now that one of the scimitars got broken, I've started to think about finding something a little sturdier for me to wield, but the only one I know of is Rashad's Talon, which is a bit too ahead for me to pick up yet (I've just cleared Nashkel mines), and Drizzt's swords, which I can't have yet because I don't have any archers in my group.

Any other good scimitars I could pick up at this point of the game? Wakizashis and ninja-tos are fine too.

Comments

• CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    edited December 2012
    You should have gotten a Wakizashi +1 on the way to the Nashkel mines during the encounter with Dorn. That one has been serving me pretty well.

I just picked Drizzt's blades out of his pocket (mostly for fun and because he was being arrogant) but It feels cheezy to use them, to probably will keep them in my pack as souveniers and go for Rashad's Talon eventually.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Nothing Cheesy about robbing passing high level characters of everything they own and then booking it. Two +3 Scimitars from Drizzt is plenty. Justifies the Pickpocket skill nicely.

I seem to recall there are two Rashad's Talons available in the game as well.
  • Jared4242Jared4242 Member Posts: 130
    When you go to the Spider area in Cloakwood, there should be some loot lying on the ground somewhere in the area. An extra Rashad's Talon is among them.

Other then that, there are precious few enchanted Scimitars, to my knowledge.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Jared4242 said:

When you go to the Spider area in Cloakwood, there should be some loot lying on the ground somewhere in the area. An extra Rashad's Talon is among them.

But wasn't that the Rashad's Talon we already know about? Where's the other one, then?
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    There are 2 Rashad's Talons. 1 on a cliff overlooking the sea in cloakwood map 2 (this is new), 1 at the top of Durlag's tower, guarded by basilisks.

Other enchanted scimitars are the Wakazashi +1 from the ambush on the way to the cloakwood mines where Dorn can be obtained, and there's a Ninja-to +1 in the sewers of Baldur's Gate near the Ogre Mage.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    edited December 2012
    You know, I'm going to have to update my request: now that my second scimitar also got bust, I'd settle for even a non-magical one.

Seeing how the encounter with Dorn never happened for some reason, and the rest of the items are all far away for me, finding any scimitar (or wakizashi or ninja-to) would be pretty cool. You'd think there were more of them running around instead of just a few obscure magical ones.
  • GwynnbleidGwynnbleid Member Posts: 17
    Just get a Thief in your party , go to carnival and kill the thief there , get the potion of Mater Thief go to Drizzit and Relieve him of his scimitar =P
  • hzfhzf Member Posts: 70
    if you buy yhe Wazik and Ninja-to from candlekeep then they do not break. Bit late now, I guess.
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    @Chow I had the same problem with my berserker. The store at Nashkel sells a ninjato for certain, and I think a wakizashi. The unenchanted versions do not break. My guess is that since they are imported, they do not suffer from the iron ore problem. Those should serve in the meantime.
  • Jared4242Jared4242 Member Posts: 130
    Chow said:

You know, I'm going to have to update my request: now that my second scimitar also got bust, I'd settle for even a non-magical one.

The barkeep in Ulgoth's Beard sells unlimited Scimitars (no enchanted ones, I'm afraid)

• DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    why didn't they just go with BG1 weapon proficiencies in BGEE from the start, I'll never understand.

sadly, scimitars are few in BG1, but at least there are two +2 ones - most weapon types aren't so lucky. in BG2, however... holy shit, they're most OP weapons ever, even more so if your main happens to be a fighter/thief(/mage, because who plays simple FTs?).
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    The wandering merchant at the start of the Durlag's Tower area sells (non-magical) scimitars - you don't actually have to enter the Tower complex.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I have Kivan dual wielding scimitars right now. I just started chapter 4 and I still haven't found a single magical scimitar.