Skip to content

Throwing Weapon Weight (Darts, Knives)

Darts have 0 weight, throwing knives weigh 1 each. Is it a bug? We'll say not?

Since they share the same ROF, you'd want to use knives (1d4) as opposed to darts (1d3). However, the fact that a stack of 40 knives weighs 40 [whatever the unit of measurement for 2e is? Stones?], they are effectively not viable.

It'd be neat-o if they could be made to weigh, like, 0.5. Or whatever.

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    They actually have different rates of fire. Darts get 3 attacks per round, daggers get 2.
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    I would rather there were some returning darts or daggers, like in BG2. I mean, we have returning throwing axe already, why not add some more to even the playing field for hurlers of stabby things?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited December 2012
    MERLANCE said:

I would rather there were some returning darts or daggers, like in BG2. I mean, we have returning throwing axe already, why not add some more to even the playing field for hurlers of stabby things?

Yeah I'd be a fan of this. Even if they had no other magical properties other than returning, it'd be nice just for the convenience (although other magical properties are always nice).
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    The daggers are more powerful, plus it makes sense that a dagger (steel blade and hilt) weigh more than darts which are basically small arrows/bolts.