Skip to content

monster spawning bug

So, as many have noticed there are much fewer enemies populating the sword coast in BGEE. To me this is almost a game breaking bug as it takes the joy out of exploring the areas and also means a lot less XP to go around. So, I have three and a half questions:

Why was this changed at all? Why not leave things as they are when they worked well?

Will this be fixed and when?

To me this seems to be a very big issue, so I am surprised that Overhaul has not yet fixed this with one of the patches.

Comments

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    The wilderness in BGEE definitely feels pretty empty, am not sure if this is a bug, or intended to prevent rapid XP gain
  • AshendilAshendil Member Posts: 56
    Well... I don't see how the way it was in Vanilla BG was wrong in any way. The balance seemed brilliant to me. Might be though. Still, I hope they change it. Exploring the wilderness areas was one of the major aspects that set BG1 apart from BG2 and other games. It was one of the reasons I prefer BG1 to BG2. However, like this the incentive to explore is gone and for me that means that BGEE is a failure should they keep it that way. Let's hope they did not intend it to be the way it is now.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    This has already been discussed a few times, and the spawn rate is currently being looked into.
  • AshendilAshendil Member Posts: 56
    That's good to hear :)