Skip to content

Turning Ability

shipwreckshipwreck Member Posts: 10
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
Paladin ability to turn undead not effecting any undead. Unsure about cleric.
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited December 2012
    Keep in mind that in order to turn undead you must turn it on and keep it on until the undead have been turned, and while it is on you cannot perform any action other than moving (note that with party AI on your paladin will most likely automatically start attacking the nearest enemy, thus cancelling undead turning). Also, you will not turn undead as soon as you select the ability, it takes a few seconds. Lastly, sometimes you simply fail to turn the undead (I believe this is based on your level, the undead's level, and the results of a dice roll).
  • shipwreckshipwreck Member Posts: 10
    I understand that, however I have a paladin 5, he is standing, not attacking and skeletons are besting him. Atleast in the old game a graphic would appear around the skeleton that a turn attempt was in progress, don't have that now.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Could you please create a "turn" icon? It would be helpful if we could see on the character's picture that he/she is turning now.
    Also the AI has a tendency to stop turning with the default script, switching to another action.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I just created a level 3 Paladin and tried to turn a skeleton. It took a while but he eventually turned it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Just noticed that this topic is actually old.

Moving this to Not an issue unless @shipwreck is still having this problem.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Also remember that paladins turn undead as if they were 2 levels lower. Turning success and results are based on the difference between the turner's effective level and the HD of undead attempting to be turned.