Skip to content

Why would a developer do this?

factcheckerfactchecker Member Posts: 4
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
Watch at your own accord

I Found the following couple of videos, both highly interesting and ludicrous at the same exact time and don't even bother trying to argue with the person on this one, because he is 100% correct in everything he says in both videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFv4vfI8Ukc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjyuHEZ3vPU

REALLY!!!
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• LordOfLostSocksLordOfLostSocks Member Posts: 23
    Could someone summarize his problem? I did not understand it.
  • IcallhimlecobraIcallhimlecobra Member Posts: 59
    This guy clearly has gotten a bee in his bonnet about issues that aren't really a big deal, he's just made a big deal about the in his own head.
  • factcheckerfactchecker Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    [quote]This guy clearly has gotten a bee in his bonnet about issues that aren't really a big deal, he's just made a big deal about the in his own head. [/quote]

Who are you to say what he is talking is not a big deal. He makes very valid points about what the devs did wrong. and now that i see your comment what this person is saying people do in these videos is perfectly clear to me now. People are too busy trying to cram their opinion into this instead of actually paying attention to what the actual problem is.

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Huh?
    edited December 2012
    Alright, so his problem is that when you right click to cancel a spell it's removed from memory until you've rested contrary to the instructions?

Also, 50-50 chance that OP is that guy.
    edited December 2012

Alright, so his problem is that when you right click to cancel a spell it's removed from memory until you've rested contrary to the instructions?

Out of curiosity, I just looked it up, and nowhere on page 24 does it say it's removed from memory until rested.

So you really need to stop saying things that are not true. The person in the video said someone would probably try to say it says something else that it doesn't actually say, and he was right, because you just did it.

You literally added something to that manual on page 24 that is not there and that you made up.

How can you be such an idiot to have something read, and then try to say something otherwise?

On top of that, I am asking why a developer would program a game this stupid, and instead of an answer people are just posting crap....

No wonder this guy has rant videos all over his channel about people like you.
    Relax, jeez. So I clearly misunderstood what he was saying.

What was his problem then? I'm still a little confused as to what it is.

And I only assumed you were him because you seem to be equally "hostile"(not the word I'm looking for, not a native english speaker) and I rarely stumble upon youtube videos with only 8 views.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    @factchecker
    Could you explain exactly what problem the guy in the first video is talking about? I'm not being sarcastic, I actually don't know what is at issue here.
    edited December 2012
    Hmm
  • enbalminationenbalmination Member Posts: 11
    I stopped watching halfway thru the second. I am not going to comment on every point he brought up but here is a couple of things that I noticed.

1. It says that a spell is wiped from memory until memorized again, it doesnt say to relearn the spell, there is a difference.

2. The icons in the lower left corner, I can understand there are 4 icons, but it references the clock in the lower left, how many of those icons are clocks?

Relax, jeez. So I clearly misunderstood what he was saying.

What was his problem then? I'm still a little confused as to what it is.

And I only assumed you were him because you seem to be equally "hostile"(not the word I'm looking for, not a native english speaker) and I rarely stumble upon youtube videos with only 8 views.

No offense taken. This is the problem with text, even if someone doesn't mean to come across arrogant people take it that way anyway.

As to what this person is saying is very simple, only a specific group of people can understand this so of course they will say there is nothing wrong with it, when in reality, they are just not aware of what this person pointed out. Which is the point, the developers did not include instructions in the fashion they really should have and that's all he is saying.

The problem is all the other people who watch his videos not him. He simply states what the devs did not include. But everyone else starts bashing him with comments that really have nothing to do with anything he is talking about.

If you really take a good look at what he is pointing out, you will see it's all true.
    I am still not sure what he is talking about. I have the manual open and it seems perfectly clear to me. Memorization and Knowing a spell are two different things. You don't lose the spell forever if you know it. You can just re-memorize it. Spellcasting also relies on components; whether verbal or items.

Edit: If nobody is allowed to debate the points brought up then there is no reason to keep this thread open. Also the video contains language that is not appropriate for a PG-13 forum. Topic closed
This discussion has been closed.