Skip to content

[Request] More Reasonably Priced Priest/Temple Services (except raise dead)

HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
edited June 2012 in Feature Requests
Hey everyone,

It seems to me that the priest services are way over-priced. I have no problem with the prices for raise dead and remove curse because these are special services and it's right that the party is charged heavily for them.

However certain healing spells cast at temples cost 50gp+, this just seems ridiculous to me, considering you can often just walk outside and be healed up for free by resting.

I would suggest either a flat reduction to the cost of these services, or a reduction based on alignment and reputation.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    thats funny because the VERY first time i played bg i spent 1000s and 1000s of GP on temple healing, and it seemed absolutely AMAZING when i could finally afford a suit of platemail and a largeshield +! at level 5 or 6 or so :)
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    @sarevok57 hehe.. perhaps a new challenge, try playin thru BG without resting for healing, and use no clerics/druids, only heal at temples :D
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    actually I did do that, sometimes for my cleric I give him 7 levels of fighter and dual class him over to a cleric, and I will actually go to temples to heal, in the beginning of the game temples prices may seem a bit much, but once you make it to bg the city, there is lots of money there and then it doesn't become such a burden
  • PadentonPadenton Member Posts: 48
    wow@bump