Skip to content

HELP CAN'T BUY GAME

It keeps telling me that I don't have enough storage. I have deleted all of my games just for this. All I have left is my wife's games and her stuff. I literally have about 6 gigs of storage and it says it only needs 1.7 I don't know what to do

Comments

• FerluciFerluci Member Posts: 26
    Try restarting your iPad (full power off) that did the trick for me.. :)
  • RapscallionRapscallion Member Posts: 81
    I'm getting the same message with over 3.5gb free. Rebooted ipad twice and still doesn't work.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    hold the power and front button down for a force restart, that might work.
    Just tried it, still doesn't work :(
    Found on Apple support:

"Apps usually require free space that's at least 2X the apps size to install."

To double your free space, delete some large apps, or a bunch of your music, ect... then try to install again,
    If it works, just re sync the files.
    I've just had to remove a large amount of apps to get it to install. Not really happy about that, but its an apple thing I guess.
  • ichaos1985ichaos1985 Member Posts: 34
    You could also have downloaded it via itunes, and then synced on your device..

You could also have downloaded it via itunes, and then synced on your device..

Itunes seems to have this obsession with reinstalling loads of apps that I've since removed from every ios device I own and my iTunes library. This is why I've stopped connecting my iPhone/iPad to my Macbook.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    You can go into itunes, load up your device, and go to "apps" under your device. You can then go into the apps list and uncheck any app you don't want installed to your device and it will not install.

Removing the app from the iTunes library doesn't necessarily mean iTunes has stopped trying to track/download the app. While I can't give you the exact reasons, I've seen it before where apps i've deleted do continue to get downloaded/updated/appear in the apps list in iTunes.

Going through and unchecking apps, however, has ALWAYS stopped them from being loaded to my devices.
    If you delete the apps on your ipad, there will still be a backup on itunes on your computer. It's good housekeeping however to clean out and delete apps that you don't use anymore, both from the iPad, and in itunes on your computer. Another suggestion, remember to create a new device backup every month or so, just in case you have a hardware issue or lose your ipad. ;)

My internet conneciton is more stable on my macbook, so I do all large software downloads via my laptop. Since you can pause/resume downloads, that also comes in handy for such a large file as BGEE.