Skip to content

how do you get Print Screen key to capture a screenshot of an item description?

LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
edited December 2012 in Off-Topic
When I try to capture a screen shot of an item description using the Print Screen key I just get a black field. Is there some tweak or freeware app I can use to do this? Thanks
Post edited by Lemernis on

Comments

• Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Lemernis: Ok, so what platform/device are you using? If it's just PC, then press Print Screen (the button on your keyboard, like Prt Scr or something), then exit the screen and go to Paint. It's a basic painting program every Windows PC has. Open up Paint and then press on the Paste button in the top left of the screen. Now an exact copy of the image you wanted to copy should appear and you can edit the file (resizing and cropping) before saving it. I hope this helps you out! :)
    If it still doesn't help, please ask and I'll post screenshots on how to do it step by step. :)
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I'm using a PC and pasting into either MS Paint or Paint.NET. Mind you, I'm talking about the item description screen vs. the regular game screen window. I.e. go into inventory and rightclick an item, then use the Print Screen button, as we are saying. Please try this to confirm if you are able to capture a screenshot from within the item description, if you don't mind. Tnx!
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Just press print screen, it will save a screenshot in your Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\ScrnShot folder
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Ah thanks. I had forgotten that it saved to a folder vs. in clipboard such that it could be pasted directly into an image editor document. Got it now. Thx
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    @Lemernis also you could alt-enter to run the game in a window and then take the screenshot. MERLANCE's way is much better though.
    @Lemernis: Oh, I'm so sorry! I got really busy this weekend and didn't have time to even visit these forums. I hope your problem is resolved now, though. :(
  • darksauriandarksaurian Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2016