Skip to content

Instruction Manual?

Beowuulf1Beowuulf1 Posts: 4
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
Just bought the IPAD version - looking for an instruction manual. (Note the download hasn't completed - so if it's in game, just let me know).

I played this game back in 99 - so I'm especially interesting in the technical changes. I'm a planner and a min-maxer, so knowing changes to the experience cap, skills, requirements, etc... is very important to me.
Post edited by Coriander on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited December 2012
    I don't know if it's downloaded with the game.

But if you go here: http://www.baldursgate.com/manuals.en.html

You can download the PDFs, which may allow you to store the manuals in your iPad's library.

(Bear in mind that the manual still has some discrepancies that I haven't had a chance to fix just yet. But the kit descriptions should be up-to-date, and there are some new quotes from Elminster and Volo as well as a brief section on iPad controls.)
  • Thanks! Those manuals look like the 1998 originals - are there updates interspersed throughout the document?
    Most of the text is the same, but they were proofread, and a number of the mechanical descriptions were updated (not the spell descriptions, though). The kits now include all of their advantages and disadvantages.

Take the best of the BG1 and BG2 manuals, take out a bunch of the tables (mainly tables describing THAC0 and spell progressions), and that's what you're looking at.
  • Thanks - just read through them. Is there really a level 10 cap in this game, even with the expansion? I thought I remembered it being a lot higher.
    The cap for the standard campaign is 161,000 XP; the level 10 cap is for the Black Pits adventure (which is separate, although if you're playing the game now I suspect you already know that).

161,000 was the XP cap used in the original game, so that bit hasn't changed at all. It's enough to get a fighter to level 8 (I think?), or a druid to level 12 (I think?), with variations in between.
  • Thanks!