Skip to content

BGEE already has #5 spot for top grossing on iOS App store (edit1, now #3...now #2!)

Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
Well done!
Post edited by Space_hamster on

Comments

• AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    #3 as of 12:30 CST.
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    As reported on Trent Oster's Twitter, also #3 in the UK and #2 in Sweden. Rejoice!
  • Kang54Kang54 Member Posts: 58
    edited December 2012
    Number 4 in Denmark. Very well done! Congratulations to the team.
    What time period do these numbers represent? I assume for the day?
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    When I look at the charts I don't see it listed. Where do you get the information from?
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Go to the App Store, and there is Top Grossing category, subsection ipad.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Ahh, OK, went in through iTunes. I was look at the website. That data is probably not real time.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Does it take forever to download? Or is it just me?
  • ST4TICStrikerST4TICStriker Member Posts: 162
    Delvarian said:

well it is like 3g's

Though it's properly wanting to play so much that makes it seem like for-ever :)

• DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232

Delvarian said:

well it is like 3g's

Though it's properly wanting to play so much that makes it seem like for-ever :)

Mix of both I bet.
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    #2 also in Finland...
  • EleutherosEleutheros Member Posts: 70
    #5 in Norway... I hope as many as possible take the time to give a review!

Also: I wonder what this actually means in terms of numbers....!
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice! (squeeeek!)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    According to my sources, the game is also #1 in Canada.

Not that this should come as any big surprise. The game is clearly just a pro-Universal Healthcare propaganda. "Sure, we can raise your dead friend! ...For a PRICE!"
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    I bought it and made a Swedish review today, even though I'm playing the PC version atm. They deserve all the support they can get!
  • CribbianCribbian Member Posts: 19
    #1 now in Sweden aswell
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    The reception to the game has been great so far, I sincerely hope that Beamdog have reached their expected revenue.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited December 2012
    I saw that it's # 2 in the overall rankings now, as of early AM in the U.S., Dec. 8th, only a day after it's release. Sounds like it plays pretty sweet! I'll find out on Christmas Day, lol.
  • GoForTheEyesBooGoForTheEyesBoo Member Posts: 97
    It's the number 2 grossing in Canada, but for some reason they include free ones there...so it is the top grossing paid app and it ranks as the number one paid app, in Canada.
    What is the time period covered by these charts? Top for the day, for the week, etc.? At $9.99 a pop, BG:EE looks to make some noise out of the gate for sure with gross revenues.
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    Can we agree that the party based isometric RPG is officially not dead? Between this and the record-breaking Project Eternity kickstarter it's clear (at least to me) that people are willing to support this genre even in the current gaming era full of explosions and hyper-realistic graphics. (Any one else catch the VGAs last night? So many of them looked a lot alike to me...)

At this point I think we can declare BG3 an eventuality instead of a possibility. It might take a few more years and maybe a kickstarter of its own but you've heard it here first folks. :)