Skip to content

Gold disappearing.

gwarlekgwarlek Member Posts: 3
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
Hello.
I can't really track what was happening, because I didn't really paid attention to gold at first only spending on item identification. But below kinda timeline I could playback loading older games:
- 26 days 11 hours @ Neera's ~24000 gold
identified a couple of items at Gullykin between those saves, only selling stuff
- 28 days 5 hours ~5400 gold
did not visit any vendors clearing south locations
- 31 days 21 hours ~1200 gold

I don't want to mention other bugs, because they didn't bother me much, but the total sum of nuisances makes me reinstall vanilla with all the awesome mods, while BG fever is on.

I regret paying for this.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Have you been casting spells with Neera?

There are two wild surges that destroy 80% of your party's gold. It sounds like that's exactly what happened.
  • gwarlekgwarlek Member Posts: 3
    How can I track when it is happening? Combat log is basically flooded to notice anything useful.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    There is kind of a lot going on, I agree. But when you cast any spell with Neera (or any other wild mage), it's generally a good idea to keep track of the battle log just to see what's happening.

I'm going to move this thread to "Not an issue", because it sounds like the wild surge table is working as designed (and whoever it was that said this surge "never happens" was clearly misjudging the statistics), although we're also aware of an existing bug in the table (there are currently two gold-destroying surges, but one of those is supposed to affect the spell's target, not the caster).
  • gwarlekgwarlek Member Posts: 3
    Yeah well, Wild Mage is certanly fun until it is not.