Skip to content

Tutorial: Basement? What basement?

DrekkDrekk Member Posts: 4
Okay, I feel dumb. I decided to run through the tutorial (old time BG player here) and got to the point where the dude is telling me he's opened the basement door. Where the hell is it?

I've wandered all through that room and the only exits I can find are the stairs which "are not accessible at this time." The "hint" button does nothing but highlight characters. Is this a bug or a subtle test of sanity? Where is the door supposed to be?

Comments

• AlarianAlarian Member Posts: 8
    Yea, I wandered around a long long time before I accidently clicked on the stairs. They are actually under the stairs you took when you went upstairs. Basically in the North-West corner of the room.

Hope that helps.
  • DrekkDrekk Member Posts: 4
    Yep, that did it, thanks so much. I wish the hint button would highlight doors.
  • pcgneuroticpcgneurotic Member Posts: 1
    ...and almost a year later, someone else got stuck looking for the basement door. I'm just glad I found this post. :D
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Heh, it is quite annoying. The good news is you don't forget this...and don't, because there are several areas in the real game that use the same thing.

Does the "hint" button (lower right, the Magnifying Glass) not highlight the way down? It probably should if it doesn't.
  • RisingOneRisingOne Member Posts: 2
    I just want to mention that I didn't even know I had to look for the basement because the guy said this is my final test... and then nothing... Thanks for the heads up.
  • ChrisNHChrisNH Member Posts: 22
    Yeah, I had the same problem. It seems that the quest is bugged. This thread helped me proceed.