Skip to content

Spells

Does anyone know if there is a way to display the actual names of the spells the characters have in their spell books? I know once I start playing I'll memorize them, but right now all I see is a ton of little icons with no clue as to what any of them are. I've been just randomly casting spells on my targets as I've been playing currently.

Comments

• WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    hold the finger over the icon for a lil while and then release and you'l get the tooltip.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    I was hoping someone would know this as well, I don't see (at least as a druid) anyway to get a spells name/description in game.

Also (I'll post in bugs) I was unable to select Chromatic Orb as my starting spell on the Avenger Druid (I can now, if I rest.)
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    The only way I was able to see the descriptions was to fill the spellbook and tap and hold the icon of a spell afterwards.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Awesome, tap and hold works! thank you @iKrivetko
  • RizztiRizzti Member Posts: 3
    for me (IPad3,iOS6.01 german) tap and hold doesn't work. Maybe a conflict: german iOS --> english game?
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    Select a spell casting character, click the spell icon to show the spells.
    Then click the "Help" icon and navigate to the right, and there's a description of all memorized spells in that persons spell book.
  • RizztiRizzti Member Posts: 3
    Bytebrain said:

Select a spell casting character, click the spell icon to show the spells.
    Then click the "Help" icon and navigate to the right, and there's a description of all memorized spells in that persons spell book.

There i can't find a description, only the name. Okay, it's more then nothing - but i would wish for something like in the manual http://www.baldursgate.com/manuals.en.html
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    @Rizzti
    You're right, my bad.
    Don't know why I remembered it as descriptions, it's just the name of the spells.
    That's all I hoped for anyways, as its what tool tips does on the PC edition.

Must be getting old... My memory is acting up on me, and wishful thinking becomes fact....