Skip to content

Make the bards' "bard song" activations/activities visual and more audible, as well as distinct

soteforarsoteforar Member Posts: 2
edited December 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I would like it if the activation and activity of the bard song could be sensed more by the player, by way of animation and sounds. That is, have an animation that shows, for example, an instrument being equipped, followed by another animation that shows it being played whilst the "bard song" is active, and, for every round of it being active, have it make a random string of sounds, so its presence is felt much like that of your melee characters' swinging their swords at enemies and hitting them now and then.

As the game is, the player only gets to hear a second's worth of harp sounds when activating the bard song, whereafter nothing else happens besides a text being displayed, every round, stating that the character is playing the bard song - a lackluster phenomenon compared to that of other classes being more actively engaged in melee/ranged/spell-casting combat.

Furthermore, if the above was to be added, it would be nice if the standard bard, skald, jester, and blade all had different intruments/singing.
Post edited by soteforar on

Comments

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    I recall many people having this very same request 10 years ago! I always wanted a real song, oh well, a bard can dream...