Skip to content

Frustrating ranged attack bug

Whenever one of my ranged attackers kills an enemy or their target dies somehow, my they run up to the next one unless directed otherwise. Anyone else encountered this?

Comments

• SharnSharn Member Posts: 188
    Yes, you can avoid it by setting their tactic's script to ranged, but then they will auto swap to melee if engaged in melee and unable to get away quickly.
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    edited December 2012
    naaa...use the fighter-general script instead. (should be "aGen")
    All it does is checking for a valid target within sight AND range; if it does NOT exist they stand around, so you'll have to take care a bit (but neither of those downloadable uber-scripts do this neither or are bugged anyway with beta-shit)
    Don't ever use those ranged scripts...these are a joke! Or if you enjoy to see your npcs running around in a tiny cave or dungeon looking to get at range while being blocked by your party, then you might use them instead ^^

[seriously in all those iwd/bg/whatever games there exist no script that does 'magic' stuff..you are really better off using the plain attack script and do the casting etc by yourself....does not apply to NWN2 though ^^]
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    I usually just manage the battles myself, the scripts have been left on default, it's been very annoying. I'll toy with some scripts see if it fixes it.

Still seems like a bug cuz it never happened in the original.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Actually, this did happen on the original whenever a creature targeted at range died before the character in question could attack as ordered with a ranged weapon. I saw it all the time with single characters, although I don't recall the entire party succumbing to it.

Also, it's not an AI script issue, because it still happens with the AI turned completely off.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    The default script is buggy ^^
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    I get this too, also characters don't always respond to move orders and you sometimes have to give the orders again before they will respond.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    disable AI... scripts are all crappy anyways.
  • BanexBanex Member Posts: 127
    This game seems a bit more micro intensive,i quite enjoy that aspect.Using the scripts it just got a bit more lazy and felt like going through the motions.Everyone to their own though.
  • Tie_FighterTie_Fighter Member Posts: 41
    I've been a bit annoyed with this as well. It is certainly not as characters behaved in the original (at least not on my computers anyway). And yeah, it combines pretty poorly with having to click twice to make characters move. I think you should post it in the bug section, I'm sure it's been posted but might as well post again. The search funktion in the forum is so bad that it is almost impossible to find out what as been posted and hwat haven't.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,187

I get this too, also characters don't always respond to move orders and you sometimes have to give the orders again before they will respond.

Me too. It annoys the hell out of me.
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324

Actually, this did happen on the original whenever a creature targeted at range died before the character in question could attack as ordered with a ranged weapon. I saw it all the time with single characters, although I don't recall the entire party succumbing to it.

No it doesn't. I'm playing the original on my second computer and it doesn't do it.