Skip to content

Solution to transfer Save games to the iPad

BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
edited December 2012 in iPad (Archive)
I was recommended iFunBox at http://www.i-funbox.com/

It took me a while to figure out that I had to use the iFunBox Classic tab for it to work.. It doesn't work if you just click the "Managing App Data and click the Baldur's Gate icon.

I clicked "iFunBox Classic" ->"Use Application->"Baldur's Gate->"Library"->"Save and imported from my PC.

It allowed me to continue my game I play on the pc.
It's a good and fairly easy way to do it until a cloud save alternative is implemented to work with windows.

Comments

• scanlinescanline Member Posts: 46
    Will this also work with portrait imports?
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    @scanline
    Yep,
    I just copied my entire save game, and my character + portrait AND game settings like difficulty etc. was transfered to my iPad.
    And this save was a BG:EE game not a BG vanilla or Tutu right?
    Yep.
    I'm on a mac and don't have "classic" as you do. I'm not sure where to save the custom portraits (I have them sized appropriately in 2 files).
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Portraits on PC go in the same directory as your save does. Called Portraits.
    I don't have the PC (or Mac) version. I'm just trying to get my own small and large portraits into the ipad version.
    @scanline
    I've only tried the windows version of iFunBox, but it ought to be the same..
    When the program is running, there's some "tabs" on the top.
    On the left hand side there's a "tab" called something like "Classic iFunBox" or something like that.
    You'll get more options there, and it's there you have to put the save games.
  • FirelinkFirelink Member Posts: 1
    Thank you very much! It works both ways like a charm!
  • holy_warrior567holy_warrior567 Member Posts: 4
    scanline said:

And this save was a BG:EE game not a BG vanilla or Tutu right?

I only have BG tutu on my PC. When I tried to export/import my character from there to my iPad, most of the items were missing. HOWEVER, by first exporting a character from my iPad, importing into tutu (and subsequently CLUAConsoling the heck out of him), and then moving him back onto the iPad, I was able to preserve his inventegrity (I'm copyrighting this awesome new word).

This should help if you do not want to purchase two copies of BG:EE, but still want to deck out your main character.
  • jedolleyjedolley Member Posts: 9
    I completely missed this thread when I posted my guide. Sorry.
    edited December 2012
    @jedolley
    No problem, and to be fair, your thread was far more detailed and professional. :)

It even had pictures and stuff.. ;-)