Skip to content

Possible Bug: Knock spell not working with Nahal's Reckless Dweomer

nietzschelivesnietzschelives Member Posts: 36
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
As it says in the title. I have attempted to open several locked chests by casting Nahal's(sp?) Reckless Dweomer, selecting the Knock spell, and then clicking on the chest. The spellcaster (neera) then casts Knock on the chest, but it remains locked.

Current Behavior: Knock spell does not appear to unlock chests when selected through use of Nahal's Reckless Dweomer.

Desired Behavior: Knock spell should unlock chests when used in conjunction with Reckless Dweomer (unless wild surge roll precludes normal behavior.)
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I can open chests and doors by Knocking through Nahal's Reckless Dweomer, though it takes many tries because of all the surges. Also, many surge descriptions are incorrect; if you see any special effects besides the spell, chances are it didn't work.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Yeah, wild surges are wilder in this season. Eventually they will calm down a bit.
  • nietzschelivesnietzschelives Member Posts: 36
    Jalily said:

I can open chests and doors by Knocking through Nahal's Reckless Dweomer, though it takes many tries because of all the surges. Also, many surge descriptions are incorrect; if you see any special effects besides the spell, chances are it didn't work.

Gotcha. I had noticed that the 'caster level decreased by x' effect seemed to be having the reversed effect. I guess there are more typos than that. Hopefully it gets fixed in a patch; I'd like to not have to keep Knock spells memorized.