Skip to content

Guys the best thing just happened to me.

LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
Guys.
Hey guys.
Sorry for wasting your time, but I'm p. much telling everyone I know and a bunch of people I don't know about this.
I just got accepted into one of the top law schools in the country this week.
I actually got in.
No more uncertainty.
I'll be going to law school next fall.

...um. Please carry on. Sorry for taking up your time. Bless~ :)

Comments

• darthchairdarthchair Member Posts: 191
    Congratulations LadyEibhilincoughcoughcough. Your name is too long! I'd sue you for the pain and torment on my fingers for typing such a long name, but I don't think that'd be smart. Cause I know that song about fighting the law.

Have fun and I hope you get to be an epic lawyer that works in an epic murder case like the OJ Simpson Trial where you will gain lots of fame, your children will end up tv superstars, and you'll have tons of cash money!
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Congrats. I seem to remember you mentioning something a little while back about finals coming up, I take it you're just finishing your undergrad this year and then going straight to grad school nest year? Man, I don't know how people do it, I'm only in my 3rd year of undergrad and I already feel burnt out and in need of a break, and will almost certainly take a year or 2 off after graduating before I come back to do my master's, if I come back at all.

Also, out of curiosity, how long does law school take?
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    @TJ_Hooker 3 years, from what I've heard.
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    Hey, big congrats, glad you're happy, best of luck and work hard!!

ummm...does this mean we can call on your services and expertise in the future? just askin' ;-)

Hey, big congrats, glad you're happy, best of luck and work hard!!

ummm...does this mean we can call on your services and expertise in the future? just askin' ;-)

Haha, depends. I mean, that's a good four years from now, and I'm not even sure what field of law I'd end up going into yet.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Well done. But do they have swords there?

Well done. But do they have swords there?

No, but there are certainly words. So I guess all we need to do is find another S?
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Ah! Congratulations on making the country's top law school! :D

Ah! Congratulations on making the country's top law school! :D

Not the TOP law school. ONE of the top law schools. Like, in the top 20 or somesuch. I'm applying to some higher-ranked schools as well, but I haven't heard back from them yet. But it's good to know I've been accepted into at least one school so far, and that it's a damn good one.

• BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Nice work :) Congratulations!
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Well done.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Congratulations! Be sure to get your fill of BG:EE over Christmas break and summer break this year! You won't have much time to play anymore come fall, I bet.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    The sword coast could use some law and order.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Good show, happy you got in!
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    That's great news! I wish you much luck and success in your future studies! Also: never get discouraged or demotivated. You can do it! :)
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    Congratulations.. you may now officialy call yourself a templar! (ye old english for law student).
  • ForseForse Member Posts: 106
    Grats! How is it in your country (assuming USA?), does it matter much where you got your degree? For applying to jobs and such?
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    @Forse: Depends on the profession. Law and Medicine have a lot of prestige associated with them, and so at least in those professions, it matters a lot.

I want to get into radio and I'm pretty sure there isn't a college with some nation-renowned Mass Comm program for people destined to yell into a microphone and push sliders all day long.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    The pen is mightier than the sword

Gratz and good luck ! :O)
  • ForseForse Member Posts: 106
    Ah I see. Guess that goes for most countries. Certain fields have to deal with prestige issues more than others.
  • ShadiouShadiou Member Posts: 14
    Congrats!
    I'm a lawyer and I hate it but lots of my friends enjoy it the study and work so hopefully you do too :)
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Boo wishes to send his congratulations!

http://www.webhamster.com/