Skip to content

[BUG] White textures in all scenarios (Windows 7, Windows 8)

XanBelloXanBello Member Posts: 7
edited December 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
hi.
I only see white textures in the scenario here a screenshot

I have v1.0.2010, my OS is windows 8 and i have an ATI Radeon HD 6950 with last drivers
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• ryu1ryu1 Member Posts: 76
    Can see chars and fog of war fine, everything else is just white. Running with graphics card: ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress 200 series. It is up-to-date but still cant get it to display everything. Also lags quite a bit.
  • MikkelMikkel Member Posts: 86
    It's not a Windows 7 problem, as it runs just fine on my rig with Win 7. Sorry I can't be of more assistance than that, but sometimes eliminating a factor helps too.
  • XanBelloXanBello Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    all scenario its white, here a screenshot

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1963/58820222.png

my OS is windows 8

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Upgraded video driver & download the latest patch?
    I Install BG:EE today and get the v1.0.2009

I have a ATI 6950 no problems with other games

thanks
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    The issue is related to running the game in Windows 8. I remember @Zeckul experiencing something similar, so he may want to chime in on this one (IIRC, he managed to fix it).
    thanks, but not what you mean with IIRC. an IRC chat?
    IIRC -> If I Recall Correctly
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    When I had that I had just upgraded from Windows 7 to 8 and hadn't updated the drivers yet. Make sure you're using the latest Windows 8 drivers. Your video card should handle OpenGL perfectly. Check out the master technical FAQ for a way to switch the renderer to OpenGL 1 instead, perhaps that'll help.
    hi, yes i upgraded from windows 7, and the problem was OpenGL, I try to launch Minecraft and crashes with this error

"Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
    This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers."

I download lastest drivers but the error Its the same

I guess to buy Windows 8 now I will be beta tester : (

thanks for your replys

• ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited December 2012
    XanBello said:

I download lastest drivers but the error Its the same

Are you sure you downloaded the latest Windows 8 drivers? Should be http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_win8-32.aspx or http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_win8-64.aspx depending if your OS is 32- or 64-bit.

Many people are running Minecraft on Windows 8 and that video card just fine. Perhaps you should first uninstall the previous driver, run DriverSweeper, reboot and try installing the new driver again.
  • VolkerVonAlzeyVolkerVonAlzey Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    I just begun a new game and i don't see any landscapes. All i can see are the characters and the fog on a white ground => http://monimag.eu/upload/1102/untitled-1.jpg
    Even when I enter in the Inn or when I begin a new game in the black pit. No changes if i use the windows or fullscreen mode.

I have an Intel processor with Win7 64 bits SP1 and an ATI Radeon HD 4830.
    I don't understand where is the graphic/3D configuration like in the old BG games !
  • bigmaccabigmacca Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012

I just begun a new game and i don't see any landscapes. All i can see are the characters and the fog on a white ground => http://monimag.eu/upload/1102/untitled-1.jpg
    Even when I enter in the Inn or when I begin a new game in the black pit. No changes if i use the windows or fullscreen mode.

I have an Intel processor with Win7 64 bits SP1 and an ATI Radeon HD 4830.
    I don't understand where is the graphic/3D configuration like in the old BG games !

I have the same issue. Also the opening cinematic doesn't play.

Windows 8
    ATI Mobility 5450

I've tried running with the different compatability options, running as administrator and moving the files to C: rather than programme files.

Currently running Skyrim at medium - high settings without issue.

Any advice would be mucho appreciated

• RythgarRythgar Member Posts: 101
    Have you updated your graphics drivers?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    what about those using Windows 7?
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    @XanBello
    @ryu1

This issue happened to me once when the graphic driver would not properly load due to an experiment I was doing.

Go into your Device Manager (type Device Manager into Start Search box) and click on Display Adapter arrow. See if you have a yellow Dot on your GPU name.
    ryu1 said:

+1

• dedouzdedouz Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    ryu1 said:

same for me here,
    i've bought the game like 30 minutes ago.

My configuration:
    windows 7 64bit
    AMD Phenom 9650 quad-core 2.30 ghz (last drivers)
    ATI Radeon HD 4350
    4gb ram

dedouz said:

ryu1 said:

Did you already try to switch to OpenGL 1 ?
    Insert this line in your baldur.ini (at the proper place)
    'Graphics', 'OpenGL Version', '1',
    ^ If that works, make sure you report here your videocard make and model, the number version (and date) of the drivers you're using for it, and details about your OS version.

Also, make sure your videocard's drivers are appropriate for your OS (mixing up 32-bit drivers and 64-bit OSs is easier than one might think).

Did you already try to switch to OpenGL 1 ?
    Insert this line in your baldur.ini (at the proper place)
    'Graphics', 'OpenGL Version', '1',

I tried to change ati driver. Installing catalyst 12.6 solved the problem.

Thanks anyway for your answer

edited December 2012
    @dedouz so you actually had to downgrade? Because your original note said you had problem with the last drivers.
    No it wasn't a downgrade, thought i had the last but i was wrong ;)
    @bigdogchris

It may seem that BG:EE isn't completely compatible with most ATI Radeon graphics card... as I have ATI MOBILITY Radeon Xpress 200 series.
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    This particular issue has almost always been resolved by installing newer drivers. Could you try getting whatever the latest drivers available from http://game.amd.com and report back if you still have the issue?

Even if you think you have the latest, please, download them and install them, reboot and then check again.
  • SingulariteSingularite Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    The game seems to run perfectly. Except:

no background painting. Im running around in a white box. only the fog of war, memmory and tab button let me discern the enviroment. all the characters and so forth are fine. Oh and the intro and death movies dont play, but they can be skipped by clicking.

I havnt heard of anyone else having this particular issue...

Alienware M-14.
    3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM (6MB Cache, up to 3.4GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0)
    Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit
    14.0" High Def+ (900p/1600x900) with WLED backlight
    8GB2 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
    750GB 7,200 RPM SATA + 32GB mSATA Caching SSD
    Slot Load Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW)
    2 GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M with Optimus™
    hi,
    The problem are the windows generic drivers, in device manager ("administrador de dispositivos" in spanish), you can view the graphic card whith Micro$oft Corporation WDDM and the version, that drivers works great whith all DiretX games but not works with Opengl.

I can't remoove micro$oft drivers correctly and that was the cause ATI drivers dont works, when i have time, i will format and post the results
    Problem solved for me with driver cleaner, reboot and proper reinstall of the ati drivers!
  • SarukSaruk Member Posts: 1
    Hello, when I want to play the game, then I have no Background. Look the screenshot.
    I see only the charackters but nothing more.

have someone a Idea?

thanks Lars