Skip to content

Movement and combat bugs?

Aegir_FellwoodAegir_Fellwood Member Posts: 81
edited December 2012 in iPad (Archive)
Whenever my character is moving towards a waypoint he stops after only a few steps, and this happens over and over! why?
In the tutorial fight in Candlekeep my characters didn't attack 99% of the time! (Scrips were on) again, why?
When I open containers they slam shut right away, so I have to be really quick to get anything from them! *sigh* why?

Oh and I'm playing on a Ipad 2.

[update] The movement and container "bugs" stops when I turn the party AI off.
Post edited by Aegir_Fellwood on

Comments

• nscottnscott Member Posts: 5
    I had the same problem with the tutorial fight. The icons for attacking would briefly flicker on the character portraits and then it'd stop and they'd do nothing. Same for movement or spells.
  • RevoltingRevolting Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    Same scenario here, the group combat exercise in candle keep took me nearly 2 hours to complete! Even killing rats solo was stressful when your character stands there unresponsive most of the time.

Movement also does just stop after a few paces.

And now there appears to be an issue with containers, too... They are automatically closing on me a second after I've opened them! (As if looting wasn't already hard enough on iOS...)

I've only noticed these issues since starting the main game, I did not notice them in the tutorial. iPad 2. Frustrating.
  • Aegir_FellwoodAegir_Fellwood Member Posts: 81
    @Revolting Turn party AI off when you want to look in containers, and when you're travelling. It's still annoying but at least it's a way around the problem untill it's patched.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    This is really strange. I haven't encountered these issues at all... I have default AI on.
    Haven't played the tutorial though...
  • raquoraquo Member Posts: 22
    I had the exact same symptoms during the tutorial group fight in Candlekeep. It took me forever to go on, because everyone just stood there doing nothing. Also people didn't go where I pointed, only a couple of steps.

Finally I just gave up and walked out. Haven't been in a big fight since then, so I don't know if it's a recurring bug. I just made it to Friendly Arms Inn.