Skip to content

New Patch 1.0.2010 works for 3+ with some fixes/precautions :)

SoveriegnSoveriegn Member Posts: 54
edited December 2012 in Multiplayer
it works with 3+ players effectively just a few things i have tested with other people up until nashkell mines and ways around them for any wanting to do it:

1.When Transitioning allow one person to take control of all characters transition to wherever your going and hand back the ownership, this stops slow loading/ crashes completly.

2.When Trading Items just drop them on the floor for the next person to pick them up, this stops crashes from portraits (which only seem to happen with 4+ but just to be on the safe side.

3.Try not to look at anyones stats for the time being (up to 3 players is fine) but anymore than 3 it seems to crash sometimes NOT all the time.

4.Save/Quicksave every 5-10 minutes, we had a bug where a person crashed came back into the game and lost 560 xp, bringing him back a level, all you need to do is get everyone to leave close there games you do the same start up the game by yourself load and then allow other players to join.

and most importantly if something goes wrong whilst loading from one screen to another mainly caused by people logging of off the server during transitioning, DO NOT try to come back in, all players close there games down, apart from host as soon as this is done the game loads to the screen it was trying to and then people can rejoin.

will continue playing through the game noting and finding bugs and fixes

using all these fixes pretty much led to an easy run no crashes

if anyone is looking to join a multiplay let me know and we can sort something out.

let me know if you have any questions or bugs relating to 3+ and i will try and sort something out.

Comments

• xetatanxetatan Member Posts: 41
    i'd like too multiplay with you some time :)
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Those work-arounds seem like too much of a PITA. If its not working properly yet, think I'll just wait until it is.
  • zealerzealer Member Posts: 30
    Hey Soveriegn, do you use hamachi or any other third party software to play? Do you and any other players have to open ports?
  • MeatBullMeatBull Member Posts: 5
    we used hamachi, i dont recall using port fowarding
  • SoveriegnSoveriegn Member Posts: 54
    yea we used hamachi i was host and i had ports forwarded from before @zealer
    @Elendar it might come accross that way but it really wasnt mate was really easy to get through took no time at all :)
  • ThundarianThundarian Member Posts: 4
    We tried this out tonight with a total of 4 players, and doing these things (mostly the giving control to main person for map transitions) seemed to work fine for us.

We only encountered one or two random crashes. We also had no problem with just pausing the game and having the leader quicksave without everyone leaving / rejoining.

Other than that though, despite being a bit clunky, it was a blast.
  • SmallSheepSmallSheep Member Posts: 3
    Sorry to be very thick, but can three of us play using Hamachi? Thanks.
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    you can make games with 3 ppl just fine. we did a 4 man game last night using hamachi (worked without but seemed to be more stable with more ppl)
    Just got to remember those workarounds, specially the transitioning one (not just zone changing, every area which requires you to gather your party, ie. Friendly arm inn etc.) and constantly saving is always good :)
  • MeizMeiz Member Posts: 18
    Do these problems concern 3+ player games, or should I expect similar problems for 2 players?
  • zealerzealer Member Posts: 30
    Meiz said:

Do these problems concern 3+ player games, or should I expect similar problems for 2 players?

Apparently 2 player games aren't suffering from these errors. I tested it with a friend(yes I have a friend) and the only bug I encountered was that his character would sometimes play the attacking animation for no reason, other than that, it worked great.

• KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    Not works...