Skip to content

Multiplayer Cheat Commands to be remove

I've been playing with random people from the Baldur's Gate. I really would like to limit what type of commands, or players can use in games. I've had games where someone would heal my health without casting spells, creating items, that type of thing. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? I don't want to join a random game when Beam Dog's multiplayer feature starts kicking in, only to have the experience ruined by cheats.

Comments

• thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    Don't play with random people. No secure servers in this game means there is nothing that can be done to prevent people from cheating. The responsibility falls on you to find like minded people to play the way you like.

Besides lots of people create custom parties in multiplayer to play single player. They should not be limited in the use of the console either.

I never did take multiplayer in this game very seriously. Its more of a gimmick to enjoy an evening playing with a friend or relative. Certainly nothing to take seriously...at all.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    I don't think cheats should be completely removed from multiplayer. When I play multiplayer my friends and I don't play the whole game, we import our characters from our single player games and use the MoveToArea cheat to get to the more fun/difficult sections of the game and play those. Not being able to do so and being required to suffer through the tediousness of Candlekeep et al every time we want to play multiplayer would make it unplayably boring.

Maybe there could be a box the host could check that either allows cheats or bans them? I know such a feature already exists in several other games I've played online.
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    In Age of Kings (RTS game) one could see if the game had cheat or not, that way decide if wanting to play or not.

The multiplayer feature for BG are in the stone ages, sure one "can" play multiplayer, but it really lacks basic features.

But then again, the grey zone areas, how does one go about tomes? Are we all allowed to play so many multiplayer games and each time get a tome, ending up with 25 in all stats? ..or just the tomes that one can find in 1 playthrough? ..I surely vote for the latter!
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    HexHammer said:

But then again, the grey zone areas, how does one go about tomes? Are we all allowed to play so many multiplayer games and each time get a tome, ending up with 25 in all stats? ..or just the tomes that one can find in 1 playthrough? ..I surely vote for the latter!

But even that can lead to issues. My PC in my main BG2 game is in his 5th playthough. His strength and wisdom stats are at 25 each due to tomes and other modifications scattered throughout the game, but his constitution and dexterity are both really low because there are places throughout the game where the PC is required to permanently lose stats as part of the main quest. Since he has lost the same stats multiple times, this has caused him to have 6 Constitution and 5 Dexterity, which I would think compensates for the higher Strength and Wisdom.