Skip to content

Wands should display charges while in your inventory.

Currently if you have a wand in your inventory, to know the number of charges, you need to put it in a quickslot, then exit your inventory and look at how many charges there are in your quickbar at the bottom of the screen. If would make a lot of sense to simply display the number of charges whlie in inventory as well (aka display it every time, except when the wand is not identified).

Comments

• PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    Oh yeah, never noticed this before. Good idea. It only shows up when I put it in my hotbar.

I think it should also display when your right-click to get the info/description.
  • HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    Any update on this?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It's not a bad idea.

The difficult part comes in keeping it from being confused with stacked items. My personal inclination is to put the charges in the top-right (rather than bottom-right) corner of the .bam. Or possibly the very center; but then it starts to obscure the item itself...
    Top right sounds fine to me.
    I think that making it part of the tooltip/scroll thing would be a simple matter, right?
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    Aosaw makes a good point.

I do like the idea of giving the charge amount. This is probably UI limitation.

Maybe you could add the charge amount to the item description? That may be easier to do. I also would like to see this for other types of items that have charges.
    Part of the item description would make it very tedious to look up. Short of a sexy person whispering the number of charges in your ear, Aosaw's suggestion really is the best anyone could come up with. Especially since it'd be pretty hard to code the former.
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    I like this idea a lot.
  • SeranSeran Member Posts: 28
    Yes, top right would work. It doesn't seem like a particularly hard thing to code either.

Maybe you could add the charge amount to the item description? That may be easier to do.

I thought so too :p

Description (r-click) and part of the Tooltip (Tab) were what I think might be easiest to do.
    @Aosaw since you're a beta tester, could you put this in Beamdog's tracker? It's a rather high value feature request IMO, considering wands and other charged items are used very often and by majority of players.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Ok, added it.
    @Avenger_teambg : w00t w00t

And a merry christmas to you!