Skip to content

Outcome of the Feature Requests

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
Well, frist of all greetings to everyone.

I'm making this post out of curiosity, as a lot of features where already requested, so i want to know somethings from the BGEE Team:

The features requested/suggested here have any chance of being implemented? Which discretion is being used to evaluate this? In which point are the opinions of the forum members more valuable and in which point there's no sense in ask for changes? (NPCs, monsters, romances, races, classes, banters, modification of scripts functions, content from other D&D related games as PS:T, IWD, NWN and even DA:O...etc...etc...etc...)

I ask this cos i see a ton of requests, and i heard that is a strict assignment of rights copyright contract.

Will in a time someone from the equip come and evaluate, even pointing what they found to be good in the requests, or only ingame we will know which features requests where approved (if they will even be taken on account).

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited July 2012
    I think that a sticky thread of what kind of requests or what they can/cannot do is seriously needed, until than we will just hang out in the air.

@DanBoulos posted a small FAQ couple of weeks ago, which never got updated since than , he also not much active ( last time seen at 22th june... ) .

oh well...
    Post edited by mch202 on
  • LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    Well, the main problem is, that currently the "fixed" subforum stays almost void.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I'm not sure if even this website has been approved yet.
  • DougPiranhaDougPiranha Member Posts: 50
    @Drugar, the main problem isn't lack of responses, but the lack of guidelines, as @kamuizin noted. There should definitely be a sticky topic listing what (maybe) can be implemented, and what can't.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited July 2012
    An "Yes" or "No", it's not what i search here, i want a "noted" at least.

There are lots of requests yes, and maybe to follow all them could be a littie troubling, but the problem is that NO TOPIC of feature implement get a position or even maybe an agree from the BG:EE team. So, why this directory was created?

I don't even know if what i say can be done or not.

They don't need to comment on all topics, neither say that will use or not an implement, but i can't help but feel a hollow on the forum, as if we're just making arguments about what would be good or not to BG:EE with no future repercussion.

Some threads/posts from time to time, some evaluations of the contend here, some participation at least, that's all i ask.

A topic from someone of the team listing the features they liked (be them implemented or not) would be nice. I don't think ppl will get upsed if their ideas were not on the list, that would be too childish.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Well, if we look at the Feature requests subforum, at the moment, it has 344 separate requests. I think we can all agree that they won't all be implemented. Hell, its very possible that we'll be lucky if we get 10% of those requests fulfilled.

As for which features will be implemented, that's anyone's guess. Though its very possible that they're still in the process of seeing which requests are feasible to implement in a timely manner and that will also bring some added value to BG.

Then there's also the whole approval process that also delays the release of news. I actually think that @PhillipDaigle has mentioned somewhere that they have a lot of stuff that they want to show us but can't yet.

It sucks, but the only thing we all can do it wait. /shrug
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    If the Team BG:EE point what they want to implement or not we can focus the discussion on the possible features.

If from time to time, they make a list of the viable implements, a thread listing the themes of viable implements can allow a clean on the forum errasing other threads and making easy to navigate here.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    All good things...
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    I really hope the feature requests are taken heavily into account since this would be the main reason behind an enhanced edition IMO.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited July 2012
    I realy hope that the devs know for themselfs what makes a good enhanced edition. Listening to a community is good yes but ehm... no faith in the original creators of the game anymore? Nothing I heard about BGEE to this day has changed my original joy about it:)
    Post edited by NWN_babaYaga on
  • LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    Very cool - there is a sudden rise in the "Fixed" forum!
  • YorleenYorleen Member Posts: 150
    Yep! :D Hope the feature requests will follow the same path.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    The "fixed" is because they are probably testing bugs and such, the "implemented" section is for the feature requests, and as you see, it's empty so far except for the override folder.

I doubt we're gonna see a lot of requests being implemented.

I'm just waiting to see what exactly is happening in the game as far as requests are concerned, we will probably have an exact list of what the enhanced edition consists of soon. I think it needs approval as well.
  • unfortunate_oneunfortunate_one Member Posts: 44
    edited July 2012
    I don't want to many requests revealed as "implemented" on this board.
    Questions answered on game-play is fine, but not in game content.
    Post edited by unfortunate_one on