Skip to content

Where are the tooltips?

popopopo Member Posts: 13
The PC version of the game allows hovering the mouse over any interface component or item for a popup tooltip. The iPad version has tooltip settings in the options menu, but I don't see how you can actually display the tooltips.

Where are they, and how do you make the tooltips pop-up/display?

Comments

• BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    @popo

Click the "open spells icon", then click the "help" tool and navigate to the right.
    This also works on other icons, like special abilities etc.

The help icon is context sensitive.

I needed someone to point it out to me too, it's not at all intuitive, and not explained anywhere, not even in the manual.

It really, really needed to be in the tutorial....
  • popopopo Member Posts: 13
    That's *not* the way a tooltip works. It should require no additional step. Honestly, this touch interface was clearly designed by someone with zero former experience designing touch interfaces. A tooltip is not something you need to activate to reveal.

They should make tooltips appear on one tap and everything else double tap, or second tap. Or they should make tooltips appear on drag-over, and initiate the drag-over state with a tap on a blank space. This is not "new territory". Loads of apps get redesigned for touch interfaces every day. This is a clear case of someone not knowing what they're doing, frankly.

Furthermore, if the "help" tool is required to show a tool tip, then why is there a "tooltip delay" setting in the Settings interface? This looks like a vestige from the PC game. Is this a finished product???

Poor show, Overhaul. Poor show.