Skip to content

Fighter attacks per round bugged?

AlexRmFAlexRmF Member Posts: 20
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
I'm playing a human kensai and I seem to be stuck with 3/2 (1.5) attacks per round at level six with 4 slots in quarterstaff and 2 in two handed weapon even though I should have gotten 1/2 attack per round with the 3rd slot and an additional 1/2 attack with the 4th slot having at least 2 attacks per round by default and 2.5 with haste. So... am I missing something or is the fighter attacks per round progression bugged?
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    If you look in the game manual, you'll see that you only get an additional 1/2 an attack at slots 2 and 5. You cannot get 5 slots with the current xp cap (except through an exploit involving dual-classing). You will also gain an additional 1/2 an attack at level 7.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited December 2012
    Also, just so there's no misunderstanding, weapon speed has no effect on number of attacks at all. It merely effects how quickly your character begins his first attack in each round (it's basically initiative from 3rd+ edition).

Conversely, the number of attacks can affect weapon speed, under very specific circumstances. If you have more then 1 attack, using a weapon with a effective speed of 10 (the slowest possible), each extra attack will reduce your effective weapon speed by 1. Having 10 attacks gives an effective speed of 0 to any weapon. This is VERY minor, by the way, only classes like the kensai or backstabbing classes really benefit from fast weapon speeds, since you can potentially chunk an enemy before they swing, or get off the backstab before they turn or move away. It's more icing on the cake for anyone else.
  • AlexRmFAlexRmF Member Posts: 20
    thanks for clearing some of that up... I guess I was mislead by the description of the slots since they all mentioned 1/2 attack per round, I also checked some info on wikipedia and noticed that fighters have 1 base attack until level 7 and they gain 1/2 an attack per round every 7 levels or something... oh well, 2.5 attacks should be enough in the end and hopefully a nice quarterstaff :D