Skip to content

Big Dragons/Wyverns

I've seen a lot of large corpses of dragons, wyverns, and other creatures throughout the Baldur's Gate games, but there never seems to be the option to actually fight enemies anywhere near the size of the dead ones I've seen. I think it would be a fun addition to the game if it were possible to fight enemies of the same size as the largest dead dragons and wyverns seen in the game.

For example,
there is the dead "wyrm" (not sure if its a dragon or a wyvern) in Durlag's Tower. It's skeleton fills almost an entire level of the keep, yet there is never an opportunity to fight anything near its size, not even in Baldur's Gate 2. Similarly, there is a large dead Wyvern in the Cloakwood forest that is also larger than any wyvern fought in the game.

Comments

• HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    But dragons and wyverns are rare creatures? Wait for BG II EE!
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Heh, even on full zoom-out, you would see only toes of that wyrm in Durlag Tower...
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    @Kirkor You can look at it in the map after you've explored most of the level to see how big it is. I realize that it would be strange to fight something so big, but I also think it would add to the fun of the game.

Maybe if it wasn't a required fight, but was something that could be done to unlock some really good items or something since the odds of defeating it would be really low.