Skip to content

Constitution bonuses not added when leveling up

HoiusHoius Member Posts: 27
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
I noticed that when Jaheira leveled up as a druid, her +2 constitution bonus was not added to the random number. That is because she gained only 2 permanent hit points, when she should gain minimum 3 (at least 1 from a random number between 1 and 8 for druid and +2 from constitution). She has 17 constitution, which means +3 bonus when leveling up as a fighter and +2 as a druid, right? Also, she didn't have any magical effects or curses on her while leveling up, so it's not something temporary. That's on the core rule difficulty, I don't know if the bug exists with other difficulty levels.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WooWoo Member Posts: 135
    She gets 1d4+1 for druid level and 1d5+2 for fighter level if I'm not mistaken
  • HoiusHoius Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2012
    Well, it says in the player's guide that a druid's die is 1d8, which means a number between 1 and 8. Fighters have a 1d10 hit die (so a number between 1 and 10).
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    I don't think there is a bug: for a multiclass with two classes, I believe the constitution bonus is divided by two at each level. 3/2 = 1.5, but the game rounds it up at 1... Try maybe waiting that she can increase in both classes at the same time, in order to get the 3 bonus points?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited December 2012
    Hoius said:

Well, it says in the player's guide that a druid's die is 1d8, which means a number between 1 and 8. Fighters have a 1d10 hit die (so a number between 1 and 10).

Multiclasses get split HP on each class's level up. This applies to their Constitution bonus too.
  • WooWoo Member Posts: 135
    Now go to the section about multiclass :) HDs are divided by the number of classes invloved. a Fighter/Thief/Mage with 17 con will get 1d3+1+1 per fighter level, 1d2+1 for thief level and 1+1 for mage level
  • HoiusHoius Member Posts: 27
    Well, my mistake. Thanks for the information :)
  • pedrorqpedrorq Member Posts: 54
    Already missing the "max hps on level up" option of NWN! ;)