Skip to content

iPad 2 graphics

Are there any differences, concerning textures and effects, between the ipad 2 and the new iPad- apart from resolution? water looks pretty shabby....

Comments

• FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    No.
  • SchmuelSchmuel Member Posts: 2

No.

Short & simple :)

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Not so short, but hopefully as simple.

They did not enhance the textures in the game to HD quality. I believe they couldn't do so because most of the original textures and graphics have been lost to time. Thus the game looks the same on the iPad 2 as the iPad 3, there will be no "HD" version of this game at any point as far as I can tell.
  • Garrison64Garrison64 Member Posts: 72
    Looks fine on my iPad 3. Not sure what you're seeing though. These aren't supposed to be cutting edge graphics.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    edited December 2012
    The water textures is definitely inferior to the PC release.

Not complaining, mind you, just an observation.
    I guess they had to cut a few corners to make it run on the iPad.

I'm playing on an iPad 3 for the most part, but I've got a game running on a iPad 2 also...

No difference between my two iPads as far as I can see though.
  • SarthosSarthos Member Posts: 31
    I think the original system requirement was 16MB of RAM so I doubt they had too much trouble with 512MB.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited December 2012
    There is difference between ipad and pc, though. Water is ugly. Character models are super ugly and heavily pixelated too when you zoom in. I have the pc version too and they look real smooth when zoomed in, definitely much improved. I think they applied a special filter or something in pc, and could not do so on Ipad.
  • MicleAronsMicleArons Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Apple'ın henüz yeni çıkardığı iPod Touch 5 Amerika'dan alınca vergiler, kargo masrafları dahil 700 TL'ye alınabiliyor. IMEI numarası ...
    Post edited by MicleArons on
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Wait for the patch and see if that's still an issue on the iPad. I don't know if they did any graphics fixes in the new update on the iPad or not, but I seem to remember alot of complaining about graphics on the PC version...so perhaps an update is incomming fixing some of this? (shrug, no idea)
  • SchmuelSchmuel Member Posts: 2
    Just to close this thread: I installed BG:EE on an iPad 4 and - apart from the resolution- there's no difference at all.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Okay, here is a direct comparison.

PC version:

IPad 2 version:

So there are a few differences. These shots are both fully zoomed, IPad 2 can even zoom a bit more but can not hold that zoom level. (you pinch the screen to get REAL close and when you let go it defaults to normal maximum zoom in level)

Obviously, resolution is bigger in PC version and can even be higher. Chracter models look a lot better in PC, maybe they use a special filter or what, but character models look much more seamless and fluid. In IPad2 they look a lot more blocky. Also, water translucency effect is a little less glorious in IPad2 version.

Ofcourse, I do not own a new shiny Ipad 4, maybe its all new state of the art 'retina display' displays exactly same as the PC. Not quite so in Ipad 2, but it is still quite playable, and it feels wonderful to have BG on the go, anywhere you want, easily. ^^
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited January 2013
    There is no (big) difference between the two iPads because of the 2GB file size limit on the App Store, which didn't allow the devs to fit the Retina buffer.