Skip to content

Multiplayer still crashing

ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
My friend and i still crashing!

i have open all the ports and using hamachi, but when we enter in our game (i can host or he host, its the same) after 1-2 minutes we crash! Someone can suggest us what do for avoid this problem?

Comments

• KodrakKodrak Member Posts: 42
    Let's hope you're talking about PC..

Patch update, run fresh clean game without any mod/addons host via Baldur's gate while port forwarding 47630 UDP when you are the host.

If that doesn't work. Back-up your legit characters files, Reinstall/Repair your game folder and try again.

If all of that failed then you made a mistake portforwarding your game and/or opening your firewall properly.
  • majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    edited December 2012
    @Zeratul

This game runs fine without Hamachi. It sounds like you or your friend are running a firewall. Perhaps a second firewall. Maybe anti-virus software. It took me 3 hours (3 am - 6 am) to figure out someone was running a second firewall when trying to get him to host the game, so that I could join him. His second firewall was connected to his anti-virus.

Post yours and your friend's computer specs. List any other programs that you and him are running besides the game.

Like Kodrak said.......back up your characters.

Example - C:\Users\Your computer name\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\characters
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Yep i'm talking about pc! If i must be honest this problem happens only when me and this friend try to play together if for example i play with another friend this problems don't happen.

Me and my friend using Windows Firewall, but maybe we must check if we run some anti-virus that giving us hard time.

So you are saying me that we can play well also without using hamachi?

I will ask to my friend to send me his computer specs and post here for further advice.

Thank you very much for your help! We really want begin to play together :D