Skip to content

Rasaad immediately leaves the party once he joins.

I can repeat this process over and over again, but I am unable to keep him in my group. Am I doing something wrong? (I have tried at high and low reputation).

Comments

• EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Hmmmm.

What chapter are you in? Does he say anything to you when he keeps leaving?

Only thing I can think of is you have a low rep.

At any rate, ttt

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Do you have a charisma of 2?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    That happened to me. By immediately, I think he really means immediately. If what happened to him is the same as what happened to me, you ask Rasaad to join then he will leave 2 seconds later. The dialogue he gives is the same as if you kick him out of the party. This didn't happen the first time I asked him to join though. It was after I kicked him out, and I tried to get him to join the second time that he's bugged. I eventually fixed it by getting him to join, then immediately kill him before he has a chance to leave, then res him, after that he stopped leaving.
  • WoozWooz Member Posts: 32
    Awong124 said:

That happened to me. By immediately, I think he really means immediately. If what happened to him is the same as what happened to me, you ask Rasaad to join then he will leave 2 seconds later. The dialogue he gives is the same as if you kick him out of the party. This didn't happen the first time I asked him to join though. It was after I kicked him out, and I tried to get him to join the second time that he's bugged. I eventually fixed it by getting him to join, then immediately kill him before he has a chance to leave, then res him, after that he stopped leaving.

Yep, this.

My charisma is 21, and I also thought my low rep might be the problem, so I experimented by donating until it was heroic, but got the same results.
  • MagikGimpMagikGimp Member Posts: 30
    To sum up, there are three ways to fix this one (in order of decreasing complexity):
    1) Follow the link above that describes how to use the CLUA command to spawn a new Rasaad who will behave (you'll then have two, one still broken.)
    2) Ask Rasaad to join and then immediately kill him. When you res him he'll behave. The problem with this one it's difficult to kill him quickly enough and he may die permanently if your difficulty setting is higher than Normal.
    3) Ask Rasaad to join, pause the game straight away, save and quit the game. When you reload, his bugged conversation script should kick in as normal (which is what was causing the problem) and he will behave. [I've tested this method and can vouch that it works.]
  • ShadowplayShadowplay Member Posts: 18
    Just wanted to thank those who answered here - I just found this thread after some searching and it solved this very frustrating bug for me.

FYI - I used "option 3" as it seemed the quickest and easiest. The only trick was the timing of pausing the game after selecting "1. Sure" in Rasaad's dialogue. Just took a couple tries and then pause, save, quit, load the save and all is well again.
  • shiffdshiffd Member Posts: 23
    hello all...I have been dealing with this bug for awhile now to no avail.
    I use a Japanese computer and keyboard, which means i do not have the key to get the cheat console, so I can not use any cheat console solutions.

option #2...he joins and quits so fast there is no way to kill him while he is still in party...I don't understand that one at all...seeems impossible.

Option #3 My pause key seems delayed for some bizaar reason (really clunky pause effect for me, don7t know why)...It simply is not possible for me to pause the game before he leaves the party, he leaves to fast...

Is there maybe some way to tweak config to slow down the GE or something so that I can pause/kill him before the bugged script removes him from party...its so friggin fast I can't do jack.

This bug REALLY sucks. I wish someone at BGEE dev. team would make a fix for this or something that we can download (patch). Its absolute BS actually. Because of this bug I can not see the new content and well...that kinda defeats the point of paying for the game which I already did....