Skip to content

Longbow and Composite Longbow Inventory Icons Swapped

Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the inventory icons for the two types of bows are swapped.
Post edited by AndreaColombo on

Comments

• XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166
    I noticed this too! It is the same way in Ice Wind Dale I think, maybe they switched it by using icons from that or something.
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    i mentioned that but someone said it was already like that in original BG (seems rubbish to me, think i never noticed that in original game).
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Apparently this is how they're actually supposed to be; it was the original game that had them mixed up. No idea how they came to this conclusion, must have been something in the files that indicated that the icons were mixed up.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited December 2012
    But this image looks more composite and exotic than this image.
    Xiviriel said:

I noticed this too! It is the same way in Ice Wind Dale I think, maybe they switched it by using icons from that or something.

I don't think it was like that in IWD. I just played it a few months ago and didn't notice anything like that.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    There's a pretty simple pattern: an item (bow02.itm) uses an icon (ibow02.bam) and a larger description image (cbow02.bam). Long bows and composite long bows had their icons swapped. You'll notice the icons now match their description images better--note in particular the smooth, singular curve of the long bow vs. the double hump of the composite.

BG2 and IWD have the same error--BG2 actually has this plus about 47 other bow icon errors.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Awong124 said:

But this image looks more composite and exotic than this image.

I own a recurve composite bow and think the second image looks more like one than the first one, which looks more like a long bow
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,527
    I'm moving this to Not An Issue.