Skip to content

Custom Soundset Issue

RythgarRythgar Member Posts: 101
I've previously posted this question, and no one was able to answer it.

My issue is rather strange. I've taken all the older custom soundsets I had from my BG2 install folder and dropped them into BGEE. However, only the action acknowledgement sounds will play. No selection sounds, no boredom remarks, no on hit sounds; nothing. Just the same exact acknowledgement sound when I give a command, but silence for the rest of the time.

The normal soundsets all work perfectly. Replacing the stock soundsets with renamed custom sets does not cause them to work. The files are all the proper format, named correctly according to sndlist.txt and in the soundset selection screen, all the sounds will play in order when the button is clicked.

I'm well and truly stumped. By all accounts, this should work fine, but for whatever reason, it simply will not.

Its worth noting, I have not ever nor am I having any sound issues with the game other than this one.

Comments

• Prince_of_LiesPrince_of_Lies Member Posts: 90
    It's a current issue that's probably being worked on... In the meantime you can use DLTCEP (download link) and follow the instructions as posted on this thread.

-Prince_of_Lies
  • RythgarRythgar Member Posts: 101
    @Prince_of_Lies Works perfectly! Thank you.
  • Valarian25Valarian25 Member Posts: 40
    Rythgar said:

@Prince_of_Lies Works perfectly! Thank you.

do you use windows 7 ? did u have to do anything special to make it work?
    @Valarian25 Make what work? Sorry, its been a while since I've had to address this issue. I do use Windows 7, yes.
  • Valarian25Valarian25 Member Posts: 40
    Rythgar said:

@Valarian25 Make what work? Sorry, its been a while since I've had to address this issue. I do use Windows 7, yes.

the DLTCEP program

I installed it .. choosed setup...... added a name "fail" added the string to the chitin.key and to the bg1.dat file in DLTCEP folder.. and choose bg1 as a gametype.

Opened tables chrsnd.. added a colom on the end... added name "warlock1" and 30 on all rows down like the other male1 ect ect ect

And i get "cannot write to file"

@Valarian25 Make sure you didn't open it in Read Only mode.