Skip to content

CLAB files for new kits

So I put together a small mod last night that makes a few tweaks and adds a kit. Everything seems to work as intended except for the stuff in the CLAB-style .2da file I added for the kit (the mod was made and installed with WeiDU).

The 2da got copied into the override folder and no errors came up during installation or play. The kit is (and other aspects of the mod are) being handled as I expected, except that no kit abilities are being granted. I don't have any other mods installed.

Anyone know common causes for this sort of problem, or have an example CLAB-style 2da file (plus the tp2 entry, if you don't mind) that they know works in BG:EE that I can take a look at for comparison?

Comments

• LaughingManLaughingMan Member Posts: 65
    edited December 2012
    Herp Derp....

I think I figured out the issue. I was using the spell identifiers from the SPL Files list. So I was putting in "GA_ SPWI206" for invisibility, for example. Oops.

Now I just have to figure out the right names for everything...

It looks like I wanted GA_SPCL3699 for self-only invisibility. I'll be able to confirm tonight.
  • RequiemRequiem Member Posts: 187
    I often find this happens if I am using custom made spell files and I forget to tell weidu to copy them into the override folder when it installs, so might be worth checking that
  • LaughingManLaughingMan Member Posts: 65
    @Requiem I was doing it all completely wrong. I was trying to shoehorn in existing stuff, despite the fact that class abilities don't work that way. There's a significant lack of tutorials regarding spells and abilities, but I finally found some guidance and got everything working.

You were right about the problem, by the way. Though instead of manually creating custom spells and then moving them to the override I actually have the install instructions in the tp2 grab the relevant spl file, copy it and convert everything to a functional class/innate ability, then drop it into override. This means that any changes, updates, or fixes to the original effect (such as the level 2 wizard spell, invisibility) will be reflected when the kit mod is installed.

It also means adding or changing class abilities for a kit is much easier/faster if you are using an existing spell or ability as a base.