Skip to content

Talking/Buying multiplayer managing

BaldursJGBaldursJG Member Posts: 3
Hello,

Thanks to last patch we (a group of three people) finally achieved to start a multiplayer game. We still see some logout behaviours for non-hosting players. Anyway, our main problem at the moment is talking and buying.

Anytime one of us starts a talk with any character (merchants, folks, quests...) the other two players are interrupted and they see a camera switch to the actual talking player. We can not perform any actions before dialogue is closed. We know the game is supposed to be played as a group but we would like to be able in making talks separately. At the moment, for example, if I am buying from a merchant and another player talks with a stupid town folk, I am suddenly stopped and need to repeat.

Is there something we can do?

Permission settings are as follows:
Player 1: leader (ALL permissions)
Players 2&3: all permissions except travel, leading and pause

Thanking you
Keep updating!

Comments

• MirenheartMirenheart Member Posts: 41
    Oh yes, this is the very reason why I can't get my friend, who absolutely loves D&D, to ever play any kind of Infinity Engine game with me. I've been hoping there would be some sort of fix for it sometime.
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    ye it has always been like this, kinda of annoying but afaik theres nothing you can do about it (unless they end up changing interactions in some later patch)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yea you are stuck with this. Pausing during combat is much worse in my opinion though, since everyone instinctually tried to do it.