Skip to content

Drow/Duergar/ Race Add?

IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
edited December 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Not sure if this has been suggested, but I do believe I wouldn't be the only one who would prefer it if you could roll a Drow/Duergar (Or any other race I've failed to mention, would suggest Avariel's but those are strictly Bg2, right?) and that Viconia's race should be set as Drow(Not sure if it has been changed, actually. I haven't checked, will do later if someone hasn't beaten me to it in this thread. Like in Bg2, I think it was?)

DO NOT READ THIS SPOILER IF YOU DON'T WANT A PLOT ELEMENT REVEALED!!!!
Just an idea, also when you pick up the Journal and are aware of your Bhaal Blood, PC gets Race Change to Bhaal Spawn? Sounds a tad silly, actually... Still. I think it's an okay idea!

Just a request, please.
Post edited by Icecreamtub on

Comments

• ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    The spoiler doesn't matter, since you're race is always the same as your mother's was.
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    The major plot point of Viconia's character is the racism she experiences and how she has to disguise herself all the time. There was a duergar in BG2 (the quest to get the ore for the temple) that had the same problem. It defies believability that a change like this could merely be cosmetic; it would affect the initial reactions of the vast majority of NPCs you encounter.

Even if it were worth the effort for such a minor change, I'm sure the contract forbids revamping the base game to such an extent.
  • WooWoo Member Posts: 135
    If Drow and Duegar are added, why not Svirvneblin too? They ARE part of the underdark community. Why stop there where are the avariel?(this ones even doable since theres one in bg2)
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Maybe we could have half-orog's too as a half-orc sub-races.
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    RedGuard said:

Half orog huh? Half human, half orog, so half human, quarter orc, quarter ogre?

What do you get with a half orc breeding with a half ogre then?

• RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    edited December 2012
    MERLANCE said:

RedGuard said:

Half orog huh? Half human, half orog, so half human, quarter orc, quarter ogre?

What do you get with a half orc breeding with a half ogre then?

I don't really keep up with these things. I looked up a few things here and there and both Orog and Ogrillon's come up as half-orc/half-ogre (depending on the source. One even mentioned them having a mix of Goblin kin as well).