Skip to content

Iphone tested?

Has anyone downloaded and tested bg.ee on iphone?

Comments

• Garrison64Garrison64 Member Posts: 72
    It wouldn't be playable on the iPhone.
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    I'd like to see an attempt for the iPhone, haha! xD

It'd be like a weird FF Mobile game that was released so many moons ago...
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Yes, Trent has.
  • ZandriZandri Member Posts: 33
    I'm playing on an iPad mini and I wouldn't think it would be very enjoyable on an iPhone at all!

Going to go back to the iPad 2 once we get iOS5.x supported build for the extra room.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    Zandri said:

I'm playing on an iPad mini and I wouldn't think it would be very enjoyable on an iPhone at all!

Going to go back to the iPad 2 once we get iOS5.x supported build for the extra room.

@zandri is it not very good on the mini?

I'm waiting for the OSX version to come out and the anticipation is killing me! i was thinking of going down the ipad mini route to tide me over
  • ZandriZandri Member Posts: 33
    mjs said:

@zandri is it not very good on the mini?

I'm waiting for the OSX version to come out and the anticipation is killing me! i was thinking of going down the ipad mini route to tide me over

It's not bad on the mini, but I do find some text (i.e. carrying weight / max weight) extremely small and hard to read. Not a big issue, the portability and being able to play it anywhere more than makes up for that.

But going smaller would just magnify the touch target issues, already experienced on the ipad, etc.

I'll be buying the OSX version soon as it hits the stores too - will rock once cloud saves are implemented!
  • MystraTheMageMystraTheMage Member Posts: 71
    What's the screen size for the mini?
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    7.9"
    The phone screen is just way too small and impractical. Even if they highly maginified the zoom it wouldn't be good because the pixilated images would be extremely bad then. Text would be nearly impossible to read and text is a huge part of this game. Touching specific areas would be extremely difficult even with a stylus. For me the iPad is as small as I would ever want to go. Sometimes even it feels slightly too small but the portability is fantastic. I sat in the car dealership waiting for a car repair yesterday and played BG the whole time. It was great.
    edited December 2012
    See, what I don't understand is how I can play bg 2 on my galaxy note 2, using gemrb? The game play is awesome and writing is easy to read. But then everyone is saying it is barely playable on a 7 inch screen?
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    edited December 2012

See, what I don't understand is how I can play bg 2 on my galaxy note 2, using gemrb? The game play is awesome and writing is easy to read. But then everyone is saying it is barely playable on a 7 inch screen?

Some text must be impossible to read on a screen that small, like weight limits in the inventory, numbers of projectiles left, charges left in wands, et cetera, but I guess that's not really important, the game works fine without reading it, you'd know when your NPC'S are encumbered.
    In fact, I'm struggling mightily to read those on my iPad 3.

Ordinary text would also be incredibly tiny on an iPhone screen, and to fit the interface, chat box and game window on it would require a tremendous UI redesign...

I'm extremely curious to how the game looks on your Galaxy Note 2. Is it possible for you to post a screenshot or two?
    How big is the Galaxy Note 2?

Found a video of Baldur's Gate GemBR running on a Samsung Galaxy Gio.

Not a pretty sight, but if the frame rate was a LOT better, I guess you could call it playable. Just...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=39YqLqEZsXk
    Bytebrain said:

Found a video of Baldur's Gate GemBR running on a Samsung Galaxy Gio.

Not a pretty sight, but if the frame rate was a LOT better, I guess you could call it playable. Just...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=39YqLqEZsXk

Here is a link to a screenshot from my Galaxy Note 2. I captured the bag open, as the weight is properly the smallest font.

m.flickr.com/#/photos/39027360@N04/8268789088/

As I said, I think the experience is awesome.
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    Galaxy Note 2 is considerably bigger than the iPhone. They may have enlarged the iPhone 5 screen, but they only did it in one direction. That would mean text would be considerably smaller, as would buttons on the side.

But if you aren't concerned with selecting the wrong dialog entries, I suppose it could work.

Hmm. Now I want to play PS:T on my Galaxy S3!
    edited December 2012
    Right. Was having a few issues formatting the link... Boy, I wished this forum had txt tools for this.

@MystraTheMage

I'm taking the liberty of linking your image so it's more easily viewable for everyone.

I'm frankly amazed at the the apparent quality of the visuals on that phone...

I'm assuming it runs quite a lot better than the GemBR video in my previous post?
    Post edited by Bytebrain on
    I really is an amazing phone and the s pen makes the gaming experience fantastic! It runs so smoothly with no glitches in sound or graphics.
    Dialogue selection shouldn't be an issue with the way they've done it. Touch and hold and drag your finger until the dialogue choice you want is highlighted and then let off. Works the same on the iPad. A lot of people probably still don't realize you can do that.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    That's posted by Trent in the Known Bugs and Issues thread. I'd think with Trent posting that more people would know about it.