Skip to content

Bug: Unselectable items/NPCs unless you pan/zoom

RapscallionRapscallion Member Posts: 81
edited December 2012 in iPad (Archive)
This is a prominent bug on the iPad version, I'm sure most players have experienced this behaviour but might have (like me, initially) simply attributed it to clumsy screen taps.

Description:
Some NPCs, items or containers will simply not activate properly when you tap them. It is most obvious with NPCs because their 'hit boxes' are so large and obvious. No matter how many times you tap them, your character cannot initiate dialogue, they usually either do nothing or move next to the NPC.

Solution:
You have to pan the screen a little bit, or change the zoom level and then the object/NPC becomes 'tapable'.

How to replicate (the easiest way, though it may take time):
1) Go to gameplay options, and turn the feedback to maximum, ensuring that NPCs always have their circle markers around their feet
2) Find an NPC :) - I usually go into the first house in Friendly Arm Inn, to the left because she is on her own and doesn't move about
3) Without moving or zooming the screen, try and tap the NPC's circle. If the circle stays solid then you have replicated the bug. If the NPC marker activates (turns into 4 triangles) then you'll need to repeat step 2. Either find a different NPC, or simply exit and re-enter the room
4) Now, without moving the screen (by swiping) or changing the zoom level, keep attempting to tap the NPC - you won't be able to initiate dialogue
5) Either move the screen a little bit, or change zoom - you will now be able to tap the NPC

I'm wondering if this happens when the game resets the zoom level upon entering a new area, not sure about this yet so I'll continue testing.

I'd like if someone else can confirm this. It really is quite irritating.

Post edited by Rapscallion on