Skip to content

Hide Armour

Here's something you don't hear often -- a call for more hide armour. It'd be nice to see some more armour variants in game. One of the armour types that gets absolutely no love is the hide armour. It can only be purchased in one location, and by the time you get there you're of such a level that it's really got no use.

I'd love to see a few bonus-bearing hide armour suits scattered around. While the stock +1/2/3/whatever is always nice, it's even more awesome to see armour and weapons that have a story and a feel to them. With the introduction of barbarians (and the potential for hide to make excellent armour for rangers and druids as well), I'd love to see something that touches on the heritage of those classes.

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    There are actually some super cool hide armours in bg2 so you wont miss out too much, as long as you can wait.

Also, I thought this thread was going to be about adding the option to hide armour on your character model, which I would also vote for.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Yo dawg.
    I've heard you like hide, so I hide a hide while you hide your hide inside a hide.
  • NorthcottNorthcott Member Posts: 16
    Oh, I can wait... it just seems a shame to have a type of armour that's well-suited to early adventuring and/or several classes, and have its appearance in BG1 being... well... useless. I do like variety. :) And I'm a very RP-oriented player -- sometimes I throw efficiency out the window for something that makes 'sense' (and I use the term loosely) for a character.