Skip to content

Is the spawn system really fixed?

CastorpCastorp Member Posts: 45
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
I started a new game to try it, with a high level character, and I'm still running into single xvarts, gibberlings and such.

Could other players confirm?
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• DiscoCatDiscoCat Member Posts: 73
    It is fixed but the spawn numbers are influenced much more by the party size than by your level.
  • CastorpCastorp Member Posts: 45
    Shouldn't this be fixed?
    It makes playing solo rather dull, IMHO.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I believe its the same behaviour as in BG1.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @tilly

I don't think the spawn system messes with the number of spawn points, just the number of enemies at each spawn point.
    @tilly

I'm honestly not sure either. Maybe if your level is low enough some mobs spawn points might not have any mobs.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    This is why I am continuing to move ahead with my own script-driven spawn points which I can scale based on party size, party level, chapter, and difficulty setting. So far, it is working quite well.
  • WooWoo Member Posts: 135
    tilly said:

I have memories of the gnoll fortress including 3 to 4 groups of half a dozen gnolls each.

But when I went there yesterday, there were only 2 groups of 6. Then again, pre-patch there was only one group of 2 and one group of 3 or 4, so it has been improved with the patch. I was also 1 level lower in the second attempt.

Also, I could be getting to the fortress much earlier than I did years ago (e.g. difference of 3-4 levels), which might explain the difference in gnoll numbers I remember.

Also the Chieftan was alone. I remember him having at least 4-6 gnolls with him.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited December 2012
    The number of spawn points are the same and for each point, there's 15% of chance for nothing appear (old setting from vanilla BG1).
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    It is repaired. I''ve gone to Gnoll Fortress, and now there are LOTS of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.