Skip to content

Question about bow, shield, sword combo

I was wondering if it is normal that if I have a bow and sword in the quick slots that I am unable to place a shield on my character? It seems that shield should also be a quick slot item so that I can easily put it back on my character when switching between bow and sword use. As it is now if I want to start combat with a bow and then switch to a sword when I get into melee range I have to manually open the inventory and remove my bow from the quick slot and equip my shield every time I go into combat. Is this how the game has always been or is there a chance it could be changed?

Comments

• ser_nnovser_nnov Member Posts: 5
    This is how the game has always been )) really, it is so
    Only IWD2 (D&D3) has quick option of that type
  • ser_nnovser_nnov Member Posts: 5
    a good reason to ask Trent Oster ... new and new and more updates ))
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    The game will not allow you to put a two handed weapon and two one handed weapons in the quick slots.

There would seem to be a limitation on how many things a "quick slot" swap will allow. If you think about it, replacing a 1 hand weapon with a 1 hand weapon (shield or sword or whatnot) is a single "swap" action, while replacing 2 1 hand weapons/shield with a 2 hand weapon is a two action "swap" (have to remove the second 1H item before replacing the remaining 1H item with the 2H item).

This happens with Kalid when trying to equip him with a bow while he's sword/shield. It will NOT happen if you're swapping two hand weapons or a 2H weapon with a 1H weapon, so long as it's not **2** 1H weapons you're fine.