Skip to content

Original Artwork - Imoen

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I'm seriously impressed by quality of this artwork. The only problem is, that Imoen seems too serious here. It's not a big deal, thought.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    Me too.

It would require a redrawing of ALL the npcs though. lol.
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    @Nixxi I guess I should get my wacom out of the closet and start working then. Stopped 'cuz of frustrating glitches and went back to pen and paper -> retouching in PS. But this is an inspiration if nothing else.
  • ShellyShelly Member Posts: 14
    I like it. Thanks for sharing, Imoen is one of my favorite characters. "Good on you if you save the day!" I just want to hug her oh my god. <3
  • KlonoaKlonoa Member Posts: 93
    I love it! You clearly worked very hard on the leather :)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Wonderful! You realy brought Imoen to life! Loved the detail on her armor and leathery stuff, also that she has very pale skin. (she does have white skin in game colors)
  • LachdananLachdanan Member Posts: 3
    With her look she should lose some stealth, but gain lots of pick pockets.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CuChoinneachCuChoinneach Member Posts: 105
    I think this is one of the best depictions of Imoen that I have ever seen. Good work Nixxi! (I always had her in the Shadow Armor also!) :)
  • NixxiNixxi Member Posts: 30
    Thanks again for all the nice comments.
  • TschakongTschakong Member Posts: 25
    The best Imoen picture i have seen so far.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Nixxi: I totally love your version of Imoen! The only thing that irks me a bit is how she has her upper chest exposed like that. It looks unpractical and leaves the skin there very vulnerable for a frontal attack. I'd at least have given her some kind of grey/purple undershirt, but oh well. Good job and hope to see more of your work soon! :)
  • NocturneNNocturneN Member Posts: 123
    Really bloody awesome work!! Finally, a portrait for Imoen that's true to the original!! A minor thing though; I would've liked to see her smiling! ;)
    NocturneN said:

Really bloody awesome work!! Finally, a portrait for Imoen that's true to the original!! A minor thing though; I would've liked to see her smiling! ;)

Yeah, Imoen's always been this kind of cheerful person. A smile would indeed suit her best. :)
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited January 2013
    niceeeeeeeeeeeeee! and tasty!
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud

Aye, though this'd look great for her in BG2, imo. I'm contemplating using this anyway, though, 'Tis seriously amazing work. I was not too fond of @Nixxi's Viconia - didn't look quite like her, imo (though still an amazing drawing!!) - but this is spot on Imoen. /bow
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    Awesome picture! I would really enjoye a Viconia (as mentioned earlier), and I'm sure you could do plenty of the other characters justice.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    toanwrath said:

Awesome picture! I would really enjoye a Viconia (as mentioned earlier), and I'm sure you could do plenty of the other characters justice.

Look on the threads. She also did a great Viconia so if you would enjoy it, you will find it on the Fan Creations board.
    edited January 2013
    Thanks all.

@Kitteh_On_A_Cloud I did make one where her hood is a separate clothing item and the leather top is buttoned closed all the way up to her neck. I just didn't like it as much, but I think saved it. I'll try and find it later and link it if you're interested.

@NocturneN Yeah, I intentionally gave my Viconia a different look. I didn't like the way they portrayed her in BG2. I mean the painting is lovely, but she doesn't look like a Drow.

@toanwrath Thanks, I did make one of Viconia already http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14472/original-artwork-viconia#latest

I'm almost done with another. Evil better wear it's best butt protection.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    @Nixxi
    Where is the "love" button for the Viconia picture? Amazing job!
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Nixxi said:

I'm almost done with another. Evil better wear it's best butt protection.

Squeeee, can't wait!
    Am I a whiny fan if I ask for consideration of Yeslick as a future subject?
    edited January 2013
    @Nixxi Not quite sure I follow - was it Bioware's Viconia that doesn't look like a Drow, or yours? :) I think she looks quite drowish in BG2, but to each his own.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I didn't like @Nixxi 's Viconia nearly as much as Imoen, but both drip with oodles of talent that I do not have.
    @Drugar It really depends on if I'm in the mood (and have the time) to make more NPCs after I finish the group I'm working on. I didn't use him, but I do like dwarves, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.
    @NocturneN I was referring to the Bioware painting, mainly just because the skin color. I've always had a passion for the Drow, so I'm probably a bit overly picky where they are concerned, but they are black skinned. I think the artist was probably influenced some by other games at the time, like the Elder Scrolls and especially Ever Quest was really popular. In those game worlds, Dark Elves' skin varies... some can have light blue, grey or purple skin. But the classic Drow of D&D, to take it straight from the books, are described: "Drow vary in shape, features, and hair color as greatly as humans do. The only exception to this rule is their uniformly jet-black skin". In fact, mine isn't even as dark as it should be, but it's hard for features to stand out without giving the skin a sheen.

But I can understand liking the light blue look. Many artists have embraced it over the years. And I appreciate the compliments just the same. ;)
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Im in Love !!
    Love your work :O)
    Nixxi said:

@NocturneN I was referring to the Bioware painting, mainly just because the skin color. I've always had a passion for the Drow, so I'm probably a bit overly picky where they are concerned, but they are black skinned. I think the artist was probably influenced some by other games at the time, like the Elder Scrolls and especially Ever Quest was really popular. In those game worlds, Dark Elves' skin varies... some can have light blue, grey or purple skin. But the classic Drow of D&D, to take it straight from the books, are described: "Drow vary in shape, features, and hair color as greatly as humans do. The only exception to this rule is their uniformly jet-black skin". In fact, mine isn't even as dark as it should be, but it's hard for features to stand out without giving the skin a sheen.

But I can understand liking the light blue look. Many artists have embraced it over the years. And I appreciate the compliments just the same. ;)

Yup. Totally agreed. Drow skin should be dark brown to black-ish in colour.
    @Nixxi I agree completely, but I think your Viconia is more grey-skinned, aswell. Other than that, I also don't think she looks like "Viconia" - let me show a picture to compare. :) Still an amazing drawing, though!!

This is spot-on Viconia, imo. Notice her facial expression and facial aspect. :)
    edited February 2013
    @Nocturne You must have missed when I said it earlier, but I didn't like the game portraits of Viconia. I made my own original version of her the fit the Viconia I imagine her to look like. The only thing I liked about her portrait was the strappy look to her armor, so I did incorporate that.

Most stuff I do, I incorporate my own style and taste into. If I mostly like they way they originally look, like Imoen, then I don't go too crazy. For her I basically re-imagined her face as a mix of both portraits and then gave her a more youthful look that I felt fit her personality better. Then did my own original armor design. I went total redo with Vic. Minsc is an exception. His look is so iconic, I simply loved him just as he is and thus couldn't bring myself to change hardly anything about him. I could just imagine him yelling "That's not right!" if I had.

But no worries, it's just a matter of taste and I didn't take offense. I can't see what you posted, but there are several good paintings out there of Viconia that looks like her in game portraits. I'm sure you can find one you like. But, back to topic, this is Immy's thread ;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.