Skip to content

I didn't order extra cheese!

Just saw how a guy did a super cheesy run. Didn't see it all but I guess it too max 2 h irl.

Killing Dorn and taking his sword and the new monk taking his special thingy, besides that, killing Elminster without putting up a fight, getting LOADS of XP without any consern of being blown sky high.

- don't introduce new NPC with awesome stuff that one can easily loot!
- make Elminster put up a fight!

Comments

• SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    In general the hardcore runs usually involve some form of abuse/exploit of the rules. It's kind of part of the fun. I will agree that Rasaad's boots are ridiculous, but let's be honest...he's not that great without them (despite his interesting backstory).
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    edited December 2012
    Make his special ability replace these overpowerd boots.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Didn't they change it so only lawful good monks can use the boots.
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    Rasaads boots are not Overpowered lmfao. They give him +2 dex which he desperately needs, and no one besides him can equip them.

Also you can only sell them for 125gp. I don't know why you're complaining about them
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    edited December 2012
    I don't know why youre citing another thread..

No one can wear the boots but rasaad.. I know this because i had a chaotic good mage and he can't equip them.

the boots used to sell for 12.5k but they fixed it so now it's only 125gp

the boots make up for his somewhat crappy dex score; even with them he dies more than my mages

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    my thread was in response to HexHammer's thread and the thinking that rasaads boots are overpowered, you just happened to post at almost the exact same time as me.
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    Excellent.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Ok, now where's my pizza with extra cheese? >_>

What, no pizza??? D:
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    Dorns Sword is incredibly powerful early game. I think it should be limited to neutral evil Paladins (which means pretty much only Dorn) like it is with the boots. For both cases you could create a character specially made to fit these restrictions but so can you for all the other character specific items in BG1 and 2.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Dorn's sword has at least one ability that only takes effect if it's wielded by Dorn.

That said, it should probably be only usable by Blackguards.