Skip to content

Killing People

Hello everybody!
I finally got my BG EE to work and i got a question: i just played for like 30 mins or so but i wonder if i actually get in trouble if i kill people in a town. I am nof running arround killing shit but some people attack you in the storyline. Should i just kill them or switch to fist fight and only knock them down?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    In most cases if you are attacked first you will not get in trouble. If you kill somebody who does not attack you first you will take a reputation hit and if you are seen the guards will come.
  • tyl998tyl998 Member Posts: 144
    Killing Flame Fist guards always seem to drop your rep though no matter what, even if you attempt to surrender first due to them mistaking you for a bandit :(
  • MitchellMitchell Member Posts: 28
    tyl998 said:

Killing Flame Fist guards always seem to drop your rep though no matter what, even if you attempt to surrender first due to them mistaking you for a bandit :(

I'm assuming you're referring to that encounter south of Beregost? I read in the patch notes that this was fixed (although I haven't played that encounter myself since then, so I don't know for sure), so you should no longer receive a hit to reputation from that.
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    You should only knock people down with your fists. And that means absolutely everything and anything that is a humanoid.
  • NukeninNukenin Member Posts: 327
    Be warned that if you are a monk they will not be getting back up.

Also, I imagine your party mates will take your fisticuffs as a cue to unleash, so watch the party A.I. if you just want to rough folks up a bit. Nothing's more embarrassing than to send a thug sprawling, only to have Imoen put an arrow through his eyesocket.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited December 2012
    You get into trouble if you kill innocents, commoners or flaming fist guards. Even when they turn enemies, (they have red circles, guards attack you, innocents just run away or very rarely try to land a punch and back away) because of a failed pick pocket attempt, or friendly-fire or such, never kill them or there will be consequences. If they are too much trouble, charm them, sleep them, hold them, polymorph them into squirrels, but never kill them. Even if you have the most chaotic evil party ever, game will quickly be unplayable. And if your PC is a paladin or ranger, your gods'll abandon you forever.

Bandits, evil bounty hunters and generally wicked people that yell 'I'm gonna slit your throat now!' are fair-game to kill, and you even get reward for bandit-slaying at some point in the game. (hint:look at common bandit's loots, they have an..interesting piece of item.)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @lunar, actually if im not mistaken i believe its: I'm gonna slit your throat I am :)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    @sarevok57 yess- begins with a mocking 'it may be a touch unlady-like' :-D
  • DaywalkerDaywalker Member Posts: 37
    thanks everybody!
    gonna only kill the bad guys then ;-). I already discovered the "interesting" item those bandits carry, made me laugh a little bit - i felt like a native american!
    already had the problem that i knocked someone down just to realize my archer was still shooting at him..