Skip to content

Original BG1 avatars?

Is there any way to incorporate BG1's original plate armors avatar? On iPad? Haha, this is hopeless I'm sure but figured I'd throw it out there.

Comments

• MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    I made a thread some time ago, were i requested that the devs include the original BG1 sprites/avatars- which is basically the first game armor looks - in the game.

This has not happened, to this point, i have no idea if it's going to happen officially by the devs, i was pretty-very disappointed with it, since it took out some of the experience i can have with the original game.

For now, i can say that it's more probable that mods will somehow implement them, since the animation slots(which affect avatars as well), are externalized.

If this happens by a mod, then to put it on pc would be easy enough.

For iPad, i don't know if it's possible to mod it directly.

So for iPad i would guess it's either the devs putting them as free optional DLC in the game or something, or when modders do it, and as soon as you can transfer save files from iPad to Pc, then move the save to pc, use Shadowkeeper to change appearance to the BG1 avatar, and put it back on iPad or something like it.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    I thought there was a problem with the introduction of dual weapon wielding, so the original avatars wouldn't work for that...
    edited December 2012
    @Space_hamster

Dual wielding does not crash the game any more, but it is not supported by the animations, aka the weapons won't show in the hands.

This is besides the point though, no one from us cares about that, we wanted them for optional use, if we won't dual wield for example, and if you dual wield your character will keep the BG2 graphic, something like what happened with Infinity Animations mod.

In general, the original game had BG1 sprites, and BG:EE doesn't even have them in the data now, we're gonna need to bring them back through mods apparently, however, dual wield ready or not, it is still something that got cut out from the original content, and for me it's disappointing.

We're gonna need to wait for some time till everything is put in place.

I honestly wish this is brought back officially though. Mods are always nice, but people with iPads might have trouble to do it, unless the save thing works.
    Post edited by Mornmagor on
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Well I agree , the artist from BG one is superior to BG 2 , and he died before his time. But what are ya gonna do? :/
    The only thing i can do.

Wait for the BG1 animations to get in the game through mods.

And in the meantime go back and play BG1 vanilla or something else.

>_<