Skip to content

Multiplayer changes?

cattlekillercattlekiller Member Posts: 55
Any changes to multiplayer setup ?

Like will the game still pause in multiplayer conversations for everyone? or will it let a 2nd player shop or look thru inventory while plot or any conversations take place?

I know conversations can be important for other people playing to know , but if your playing multiplayer chances are you will tell via skype/vent/TS anyway.Plus the journal does a great job of keeping track of it all.
The biggest issue playing BG multiplayer with my friends is lack of control while conversations take place or while others are shopping/talking to random NPC's that have no bearing on the quests.I distinctly remember playing BG when it first came out at a LAN party and hearing sigh's when someone would talk to a NPC cause the game would pause.Also after session one we changed the rules some , took away the ability for anyone to talk except the host and he asked us what we wanted in stores and such.We would walk over to his PC all 5 of us sometimes to look at a new store's inventory.Back then it wasnt too bad cause all of us are in the same room, but now there is hardly any LAN party's due to net speed being so fast and having to load your PC in your car.

Also another issue,not quite as big.
Can multiplayer parties split up?Like party member 1 clears cloakwood area 2 while party member 2 finishes clearing cloakwood area 1?
We used to joke around all the time everywhere we would go , before someone would walk into a door in RL someone would say "You must gather your party before you can continue".I know BG was pretty much coded with only one party in one zone at a time.But even NPC's disagreed with your actions sometimes.I remember playing in another session only 4 of us.This was my 3rd or 4th play-thru , but the others 1st time.We came to Nashkel , got Minsc in our party. A 2 of us wanted to go to the Gnolls to help Minsc while the others wanted to explore around Nashkel.Now we did both , but I remember everyone being a bummed out half of us could not go one way and the others another.I know again this is pretty much the way it was coded and most likely wont be touched, but multiplayer would be improved a lot here aswell.

I know both of these are pretty big longshots , but I'm just inquiring , havent heard of any if any multiplayer improvements.

Comments

• LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    Just removing the "you have to gather your party"-restriction would help a lot.