Skip to content

1.0.2011 update

YoYoYoYo Member Posts: 71
Again the new patch for PC version but no for iPad users? 75 things was fixed...

Dissapointing.

Comments

• RafnerRafner Member Posts: 64
    edited December 2012
    I believe it has been sent to Apple about a day ago, but it takes at least a week for Apple to approve the update and put it on Appstore. This, together with the fact that iPad players has to re-download the entire game each time an update is released, is the reason why they don't release constant hotfixes for the iPad. It's more or less Apple's fault.

Edit: Source -
  • YoYoYoYo Member Posts: 71
    Right, https://mobile.twitter.com/TrentOster/status/279422524054450176 first good news for iPad users :), id like to know about other languges too. It was added in this patch, just this 6 days...

Thanks for good reply ;)
  • SpacedCowboySpacedCowboy Member Posts: 3
    For what it's worth, one of the reasons Apple insist on the whole thing being replaced is security. The application is signed by both Apple and the developer, and the signature is checked every time the application runs. If there's a mismatch it means someone has somehow compromised the application, and the app won't run.

This means Apple doesn't have the horrible malware issues that Android is plagued with, but it does mean the package as a whole has to be signed, at least at the moment.

There are ways that Apple could make it better (a check that everything was kosher before the update could mean that a delta update could be applied which when combined with the old software would end up the same as the entire new download), but I think what's preventing that is a suitable testing environment. Until it's built into the developer tools, integrated into Apple's system, and tested to hell and back, it won't be possible...
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    I've often wondered if they would hold back PC updates to prevent MP from breaking until after Apple certifies the iPad version. Apparently not.
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    @SpacedCowboy It's already in the MAS, and there was evidence they were testing it in the iOS 6 betas. It'll come soon.
  • YoYoYoYo Member Posts: 71
    edited December 2012

@SpacedCowboy It's already in the MAS, and there was evidence they were testing it in the iOS 6 betas. It'll come soon.

Other languges was added too or only fixes? Do You know something about this?

BG EE is in the first 10 payed games in AppStore :> so I hope they HAVE BIG pressure for this update.
    Hope ;)
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    @YoYo not sure why you quoted me there, I was talking about delta update support.

As to your question, I don't think so:
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

I've often wondered if they would hold back PC updates to prevent MP from breaking until after Apple certifies the iPad version. Apparently not.

I would very much like to be able to get the multi-player running with the iPad and PC, though. It is frustrating having bought the iPad version solely for multi-player and not being able to use it.