Skip to content

possible to take BG:EE files and overwrite original BG and BG2 files?

jlarose23jlarose23 Member Posts: 24
edited December 2012 in General Modding
Sorry, incase the title was overly vague I'm referring to the UI specifically. To be honest I love how 1600x900 looks and I somewhat enjoy the zoom. I also considered that the game would probably explode considering how old it is. So how about it?

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    I'm afraid not, no.
  • jlarose23jlarose23 Member Posts: 24
    lol I sadly tried it. Not a pretty picture ahaha
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Yeah, fried installs are never fun!

Have you tried out the Widescreen mod, with either BG2 or TuTu/BGT? That will give you the wide resolution, but unfortunately not the zoom.
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    edited December 2012
    the zoom is really crappy by the way, and there's an amazing UI mod compatible with widescreen mod and Tutu/Bgt so no need to mess with BG:EE if that's just the UI thing you want ^^
  • jlarose23jlarose23 Member Posts: 24
    the thing about the widescreen, the screen becomes so large and the players become so small.
  • horredtheplaguehorredtheplague Member, Developer Posts: 186
    Interesting--I just tried a less-ambitious file (a save game) and besides hosed dialog strings and missing character art etc etc--it did load and play. This is into a large BWP install, choked with mods. This is hopeful for a hybrid "full-game run" at least until BG2EE is made. Not impossible to get your Bhaalspawn over to BG2 and ToB, just....tricky. Assuming an ambitious mod could transfer and patch the save games between games, using weidu procedures similar to how BGT works. Just add in a touch of what BP-BGT-Worldmap and Turambar's fixes do for save games, and you never know...Worth considering, if it's a long dev cycle on BG2EE and we all start getting itchy for more fun.