Skip to content

Extend Mouse Wheel Functionality

AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
edited December 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I'd like the BG:EE interface to utilize the mouse wheel for scrolling with greater efficiency. I propose the following UI elements to utilize the mouse wheel for scrolling:

1. The journal. While the mouse wheel already works in the quest log, I'd like to see that functionality extended for the entire journal.

2. The store barter and steal screens. Currently, the mouse wheel scrolls only the left-side panel of these screens. It should scroll the right-side panel while the mouse cursor is over it.

3. The store identify and healing screens. Again, it already works for the left-side panel, but it should also work for the right-side one.

4. The drinks screen in taverns. Currently the mouse wheel scrolls the left-side panel only. It should scroll the rumors panel when the mouse is over it.

5. The mage book and priest scroll screens. Use the mouse wheel to scroll between spell levels. Scroll down = next level; scroll up = previous level.

6. The inventory screen. Currently the mouse wheel scrolls the ground items, which is very good. However, when the mouse cursor is over one of the text boxes that display the THAC0 modifiers, AC modifiers, etc. the wheel should scroll that text field instead.

7. The character record screen. Same as with the inventory. The mouse wheel should scroll the stat modifier text fields when the mouse cursor is over them.

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I think that the only way to make the wheel work on the character inventory would be to have to click a selector between the two. In other words, I think it is a limitation of the program capabilities. So, I agree, but am not certain it's possible.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @reedmilfam I think it should be reasonably easy to implement, since cursor-position-based scrolling is already implemented in the main game screen, where the mouse wheel scrolls the zoom setting by default, and the chat text area when the cursor is over that. Extending the same functionality to a couple of the other UI screens would take some extra work, but I believe it should be possible.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Adul - I hope you're right. Mine was conjecture (which is why I was careful to say I think).