Skip to content

What area of the Realms would you like to see a new game based in?

pklooppkloop Member Posts: 113
**new game meaning..of course 2d ISO based on 3.5 or earlier rules :-) **

Calimshan, Waterdeep fully mapped out, Moonsea area, Thay, Mezro/Chult,

What areas top your lists?

PS: would also be cool for more items, spells, monsters & such from the Realms source books like Lords of Darkness, magic of faerun etc..to make it into future games

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited July 2012

Luskan!!

To the south you get the Sword Coast, to the north you have Icewind Dale, The perfect mix up!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    If you mean BG3 what i want is the planes itself cos i'm one of the ppl that cheers for a divine continuation in BG3.

If another D&D game was to be made i would like a Dark sun campaing (would be nice) or a Eberron campaing (from what i read appear to be a final fantasy alike world).

Or maybe we could even stay on Forgotten Realms and play on the borders of the main cities as Al-Quadim and Kara-tur (of course i would like a little multiverse on any campaing setting that comes to be chosen).
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    A game that expands on the conflict between Thay and Rashemen would be awesome.
    If they do it like Dragon Age: Origins, maybe you can even choose your home country, have a short adventure there before the main plot kicks in. The possibility to walk through the streets of Thay, join the Red Wizards, deal with their scheming, or work with the Hathrans and their rangers would be amazing.
    Mask of the Betrayer already showed that the area is interesting enough, without delving much into the lore. I could live with some more!
  • brixbrix Member Posts: 43
    Moonsea
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I really like the latest novels from Richard Lee Byers, so a game set in the regions around Thay, Rashemen or Chessenta would be fine for me.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    Moonsea!
  • DougPiranhaDougPiranha Member Posts: 50
    I would like to see something exotic, and never seen before in a CRPG, like Mulhorand, Great Rift, Lantan, Nimbral, Halruaa... And I'm speaking of 2nd and 3rd edition Realms, I'm not familiar with 4ed changes.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Probably Waterdeep
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I would like to see something exotic, and never seen before in a CRPG, like Mulhorand, Great Rift, Lantan, Nimbral, Halruaa... And I'm speaking of 2nd and 3rd edition Realms, I'm not familiar with 4ed changes.
    I saw a quote from Wizards of the Coast the other day, about 5th Ed. D&D. It was about how the current plan for the Forgotten Realms is that they'll release the campaign setting with information on the entire timeline, not just the current, and will support play in any era. That could mean that playing pre-spellplague (and thus 2nd or 3rd Edition time) is an option for game designers too.

• XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    @pkloop

Thay, most definitely.
  • pklooppkloop Member Posts: 113
    I saw a quote from Wizards of the Coast the other day, about 5th Ed. D&D. It was about how the current plan for the Forgotten Realms is that they'll release the campaign setting with information on the entire timeline, not just the current, and will support play in any era. That could mean that playing pre-spellplague (and thus 2nd or 3rd Edition time) is an option for game designers too.

Cool that they will support all eras..personally hope the Beamdog games stay 2nd or 3rd ed..
    Drugar, those are cool areas I'd like to explore more.

Moonsea, Waterdeep, Thay all would be awesome.
    The story lines working with Thay then travelling to the Shining South would be endless and fairly easy for the creators to write given all the intrigue/politics in those regions..

• CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Maztica! Sadly I don't think Maztica even exists any more...